Scam Battlefront download?

Erwin

Today, when I tried to log onto the site I was repeatedly confronted with a page that demanded I download something onto my system in order to access these forums.  I ignored it a few times, and suddenly, am here as usual.  

Anyone had same experience?

(A few minutes later the scam message has disappeared and am able to come here directly as usual.  Have run AVG and SpyBot but nothing obvious found.)

Edited by Erwin

Well I didn't think to copy it the time it came up, I spent my time trying to figure out a way to get to these forums without downloading it.  And then it was gone.

But, it's strange if I was the only person targeted.  I expected there would be other folks here who also experienced it.

I use Chrome.  It was a page that looked vaguely like a Battlefront website page (same typical colors and font).  It wanted me to d/l some sort of .exe to install something so that I could access the BF forums.  It provided a convenient d/l button.   At first I thought it was some new requirement.  But, I would never d/l anything like that.

As I mentioned I have scanned and fixed what I was told to.  But, not sure what to look for re this particular item.  If no one else has experienced this, it may be an individual attack targeting my system.  My co. used to get a lot of those when I was involved in Cyberwar work.  Or, maybe BF doesn't appreciate my inputs as much as I assumed?  :unsure:

1 hour ago, landser said:

Just so Erwin doesn't think he's mad, I saw it as well. My reaction was that maybe the forum server was being rebooted or something along those lines. It was fine next time I checked and I'm not concerned about it.

+1 Saw it on my iPad. I thought maybe it was something to do with the server software as well. Happened to me twice when I clicked the Mark site read option at the top right. Nothing was downloaded and haven’t seen it since.

30 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

+1 Saw it on my iPad. I thought maybe it was something to do with the server software as well. Happened to me twice when I clicked the Mark site read option at the top right. Nothing was downloaded and haven’t seen it since.

2 hours ago, landser said:

Just so Erwin doesn't think he's mad, I saw it as well. My reaction was that maybe the forum server was being rebooted or something along those lines. It was fine next time I checked and I'm not concerned about it.

tHANKS AS i WAS THINKING i WUZ GOINN MAD...  (And I can't figure out how to use the upper case on my keyboard apparently either.)

But why would it want us to d/l something and run it so as to access the BF forums??

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

tHANKS AS i WAS THINKING i WUZ GOINN MAD...  (And I can't figure out how to use the upper case on my keyboard apparently either.)

But why would it want us to d/l something and run it so as to access the BF forums??

I remembered what I was doing when I saw the download thingy, and the request was for something to do with invisioncic.com.

A quick Google suggests it something to do with forum software. So perhaps there were some updates. Yesterday I certainly had a few problems, wasn’t able to get pages to load at all, didn’t think much of it, but guess it could be related.

Who’s in charge of these things here? @Battlefront.com

Edited by Lucky_Strike

This forum is invisioncic.com software. Although a .exe download is indeed quite strange and suspicious. Didn't see it here.  
Edit: I do notice that they have setup a certificate for this site allowing HTTPS, which wasn't there recently.

Edited by Lethaface