No Gurkhas in the Indian army?

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

I suppose my childhood mental image of them was this:

ladda ned.jpg

+1   I remember these guys.  I had many of the Airfix sets.  :D  

1 hour ago, Attilaforfun said:

The Marines are much worse. In every way. Any Army unit platoon and above would destroy a Marine unit.

+1  :D   I see you're living up to your forum handle.  :lol:

On 12/15/2019 at 6:09 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

My nearest takeaway is called "The Gurkha Kitchen", and of course features a pair of crossed khukuris on it's logo. I have yet to ask if they do a discount for CMers.

Ah, memories of England.  I lived in the northwest for several years but about once a month had to go to Rolls-Royce in Derby. We always went out to the Gurkha Himalaya restaurant. And EVERY time I got the Chicken Chili Masala (red chili sauce). SOOOOOOO delicious.

Before we went to live in England I wasn't much of a fan of Indian food. After being in England a short time I realized that was because I never had any GOOD Indian food. 

Edited by Ultradave

7 hours ago, Ultradave said:

Ah, memories of England.  I lived in the northwest for several years but about once a month had to go to Rolls-Royce in Derby. We always went out to the Gurkha Himalaya restaurant. And EVERY time I got the Chicken Chili Masala (red chili sauce). SOOOOOOO delicious.

Before we went to live in England I wasn't much of a fan of Indian food. After being in England a short time I realized that was because I never had any GOOD Indian food. 

Poor old Cromwell, he never got to have a decent curry. We didn't even get our greedy mits on Mumbai until Charles Stewart Mark 2 married some Iberian Catholic bird.