Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

Ahhhmmm ! I think I was a little too quick to answer and thrown me in cold water without to know !

I guess this building will be for cmsf 1 2  isn t ??, if yes, my point of view will be more difficult !

I was thinking to find building already "finish" like in cmbn cmfi...some infependants buildings like buildings000, 001, 002,...with 4 walls eventual with or without roof.

In fact in cmsf exist only modular buildings (i guess to facilitate the destruction from a wall instead a full house, like a independant building, construct step by step wall by wall  and windows so of what I understand to build a minaret, or whatever, we have to know and construct ourself step by step all floors untill the roof !

I was thinking also to find a windmill for exemple also already buildt, that we can working on but for the time... nada !

So, I am sorry  you have to find somebody that have more knowledges in buildings and constructions, like many modders on the forum, with buildings, sorry I cannot help you is a little sad cos I would like to know myself !

I guess somebody will be able to help you but for the time my knowledges stopping here !

I found already a minaret for free on the net but I dont know how I can replace it in the game !

Now another solution is to try to replace it with a flavour objet but you cannot enter in the "building" !!

I will try to find a flavour objects let you know !

So I put you a minaret JM you have to try if there is big enough and have the correct form if not send me a pm 

you can find the mdr in my JM Stuffs I let it couple of hours than delete it let me know I dont know how it will be looking in the game and if this work 

i forget the name of the folder is Stump1 from the flavour object 

hope its work 

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

15 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

I dont working untill with building but when nobody put his hand up with more knowledges as me, I can try to do something,  I will check now with what I can replace it, I guess this is for cmsf isnt ? 

edit because I buy cmcw I think I saw some big tower using for the East German to watching the "iron Curtain "

let me check and I will tell you more...

Cheers, mate!

The watch tower is interesting; I have long thought that CM could add some kind of treetop sniper platform, kind of like a 2x height stationary vehicle, with a 'passenger' capacity of 1 man and a phone pole sized wireframe. So you could place them in a forest, or even do setups like this....

samuel-fuller-the-big-red-one-2004-recon

8 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Cheers, mate!

The watch tower is interesting; I have long thought that CM could add some kind of treetop sniper platform, kind of like a 2x height stationary vehicle, with a 'passenger' capacity of 1 man and a phone pole sized wireframe. So you could place them in a forest, or even do setups like this....

samuel-fuller-the-big-red-one-2004-recon

Ok but nothing to do with what you were asking me...

Me I would like to know if the mdr that I let in my JM Stuffs corner is ok for you, you could import in the game, if I have to resized to change the form, or whatever...!?

JM

48 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Ok but nothing to do with what you were asking me...

Me I would like to know if the mdr that I let in my JM Stuffs corner is ok for you, you could import in the game, if I have to resized to change the form, or whatever...!?

JM

Sorry mate, I get an out of memory error at 54% when I try to load that stump object in CMSF2, even if I use a blank map.

I don't know anything about Blender or .mdr files, but I have been able to use the text editor to rename the texture bmp files of some other Flavour Objects without breaking the file (CM usually crashes to disk when I make an error doing that).

....So I opened your file in the Text editor to take a look, and I notice 90% of the code looks nothing at all like the machine language gibberish that shows in the functional mdr files.... it's a bunch of legible (to a programmer, not me) line code talking about Dropbox, web containers, etc.

So I tried deleting all that stuff, leaving behind only the small amount of gibberish machine characters that looks like the other files. But that didn't help. I get the same out of memory error.

Anyway, I have no idea whether that observation is helpful, but thanks very much for your efforts for me!

16 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Sorry mate, I get an out of memory error at 54% when I try to load that stump object in CMSF2, even if I use a blank map.

I don't know anything about Blender or .mdr files, but I have been able to use the text editor to rename the texture bmp files of some other Flavour Objects without breaking the file (CM usually crashes to disk when I make an error doing that).

....So I opened your file in the Text editor to take a look, and I notice 90% of the code looks nothing at all like the machine language gibberish that shows in the functional mdr files.... it's a bunch of legible (to a programmer, not me) line code talking about Dropbox, web containers, etc.

So I tried deleting all that stuff, leaving behind only the small amount of gibberish machine characters that looks like the other files. But that didn't help. I get the same out of memory error.

Anyway, I have no idea whether that observation is helpful, but thanks very much for your efforts for me!

ok I will try to open this mdr file and see myself if this one work ...

You have to open the editor of cmsf on a map of your choice than import the stump cos this is the one that I choose without to know iand see if this work but I will try myself to do it perhaps have to be resizing I dont know let you know dont worry !

45 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

ok I will try to open this mdr file and see myself if this one work ...

You have to open the editor of cmsf on a map of your choice than import the stump cos this is the one that I choose without to know iand see if this work but I will try myself to do it perhaps have to be resizing I dont know let you know dont worry !

check the picture in my JM Stuffs place this give you an overview of your minaret you have to tell me if this is ok or perhpas changing the form 

I do already the correct size and the correct height cos he is in the sky for the time...

tell me pls  that i  know if i working on or not !

picture is a jpg with two stump and some anotations !

but pls let me know...

ps cmsf 1 doesnt work for me problem with mouse...

so I put in cmsf2 and this work 

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

OK, I redownloaded (35kb .mdr file this time, I must have screwed up the last time, sorry). I then tried what you suggested and no object displays at all. When I take the mod out of the Z file, unmodded stump1 displays normally. So strange.

I found my way to your JM corner over on the CMBN board, and then found your Dropbox link. But I don't understand where I must go to view the image you mentioned. Do you have a linky? Merci beaucoup.

Just to confirm: I now own CMSF2 and do everything on it now. My old CMSF1 is on an old laptop, no longer used much except for GIMP software for BMP textures.

Edited by LongLeftFlank

4 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

OK, I redownloaded (35kb .mdr file this time, I must have screwed up the last time, sorry). I then tried what you suggested and no object displays at all. When I take the mod out of the Z file, unmodded stump1 displays normally. So strange.

I found my way to your JM corner over on the CMBN board, and then found your Dropbox link. But I don't understand where I must go to view the image you mentioned. Do you have a linky? Merci beaucoup.

Just to confirm: I now own CMSF2 and do everything on it now. My old CMSF1 is on an old laptop, no longer used much except for GIMP software for BMP textures.

First I was trying with cmsf1 but because I have a problem with the mouse I don't work with this one.

So I took the mdr that I did with the name stump 1 and put in my z folder.

I go in the cm editor map, units, scenarios,... and load a map and go to the flavour place search to the stump and put a stump 1 and stump 2

Let play the overview I don't remember the command( I am now with my phone to write you sorry)

Than you will see normaly the original stump and the stump that I choose to be a minaret... the bmp picture with name building 17 is the original texture that I found with this free minaret 3d model, I give you but I don't install it myself cos you tell me in your first post you don't care if there is a bmp or not right ?

So I put a jpg picture to show you that my mdr work and I make a comparison with the original flavour object stump...but is only for infos.

I hope is more clear now, if not tell me.

Ok sorry my blame I don't put the jpg and the texture for this model with the name building 17 in a zip file now is all inside that you can find in my Dropbox JM Stuff sorry!

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

OK, maybe I don't understand correctly. Is that object supposed to go on top of a building, in place of the roof dome?

I don't want to use a building for a minaret at all; I don't want entire squads able to go into it and shoot from a high point, which is tactically unrealistic. They are designed for only a single muezzin to climb up to call the adhan. Most use loudspeakers instead now and maybe don't even have a stair. So I'd rather have something no units can enter at all, even though minarets are often used for spotting (sniping from them is rarer, as it's basically suicidal - zero cover).

The square tower is also too clunky looking visually (yes, there are some square minarets that look like Venetian church towers in places like Bosnia, but that is not the norm for the rest of the Islamic world).

So all I really wanted was a kind comrade to take one of the little Post objects and make it about 8 stories tall. It's the right shape and proportion.

10 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

OK, maybe I don't understand correctly. Is that object supposed to go on top of a building, in place of the roof dome?

I don't want to use a building for a minaret at all; I don't want entire squads able to go into it and shoot from a high point, which is tactically unrealistic. They are designed for only a single muezzin to climb up to call the adhan. Most use loudspeakers instead now and maybe don't even have a stair. So I'd rather have something no units can enter at all, even though minarets are often used for spotting (sniping from them is rarer, as it's basically suicidal - zero cover).

The square tower is also too clunky looking visually (yes, there are some square minarets that look like Venetian church towers in places like Bosnia, but that is not the norm for the rest of the Islamic world).

So all I really wanted was a kind comrade to take one of the little Post objects and make it about 8 stories tall. It's the right shape and proportion.

No probably my text are no understanding like every time, too much infos, confusion...
I keep only your last sentence...

So what do you mean with "little post objects" perhaps I can than do something...

JM

In the Editor for all CM2 games, there is a category of Flavour Objects called Poles (not Posts, sorry). These are very small and simple objects which mark roadsides. My hope is that one of these might be resized into a much larger object; no other changes would seem to be needed.

The following screen shows Pole1 (stripes), with an illusion of zooming to show approximately the size I would like to have, compared to the H&E pagoda tower. If you compare with the photo I posted above (Ramadi, by the way), you will soon see what I mean.

XKdkH7L.png

My apologies for sidetracking your thread so much!

Edited by LongLeftFlank

6 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

In the Editor for all CM2 games, there is a category of Flavour Objects called Poles (not Posts, sorry). These are very small and simple objects which mark roadsides. My hope is that one of these might be resized into a much larger object; no other changes would seem to be needed.

The following screen shows Pole1 (stripes), with an illusion of zooming to show approximately the size I would like to have, compared to the H&E pagoda tower. If you compare with the photo I posted above (Ramadi, by the way), you will soon see what I mean.

XKdkH7L.png

My apologies for sidetracking your thread so much!

OK now is more clear I will working on but please a little more later, cos I have another job for the time.

You dont have to apologize, a forum is for help peoples, me I have to apologize cos I give always too much infos that drive peoples to confusion...

JM

On 6/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, JM Stuff said:

You can find in my dropbox JM Stuff, a model of Minaret, tell me if this one is ok and in the good size !

JM

Sorry mate, work spiked again. I found your dropbox link before in a thread, but can't now remember which one it was. Thought it was in CMRT, but can't see it now.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. I am head down in work for the next couple days but will try to take a look on the weekend. Salaam alaykom!

Edited by LongLeftFlank

6 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Sorry mate, work spiked again. I found your dropbox link before in a thread, but can't now remember which one it was. Thought it was in CMRT, but can't see it now.

Simply go to the link like a signature here 👇 and find the folder Minaret and tell me if this one is good or not !

I gave it a try because the minaret interests me a lot.

I think it is way too short and it should probably be twice as tall imo. Right now it is about the same size as a two storey building. Unfortunately it appears plain black to me and I can't see any texturing on the model even though I see the texture on the dds thumbnail itself. Maybe this is normal, I am not familiar with the way dds files work.

Finally it is extremely difficult to select it and move it around; I only managed to reposition it once after clicking furiously for two minutes; but I suppose this can't be avoided.

8 hours ago, Zveroboy1 said:

I gave it a try because the minaret interests me a lot.

I think it is way too short and it should probably be twice as tall imo. Right now it is about the same size as a two storey building. Unfortunately it appears plain black to me and I can't see any texturing on the model even though I see the texture on the dds thumbnail itself. Maybe this is normal, I am not familiar with the way dds files work.

Finally it is extremely difficult to select it and move it around; I only managed to reposition it once after clicking furiously for two minutes; but I suppose this can't be avoided.

Sorry 4 all these inconvenient I will check myself in details you said dds yes is already a mistake, CM game accepts only the bmp pictures files I will check all later...

JM

OK guys in the link here 👇 open the JM Stuff to find the folder Minaret, this is a new one, with a picture, to compare the size with respectivly 1, 6, 11, 14 floors of differents buildings I let also the texture in bmp naming builing 17, in case you want to working on,... hope this work now !

tell me about the size in height but also in thickness. 

JM

We'll have to wait for LongLeftFlank to chime in but personally I think the height is good now. Or perhaps the equivalent of one floor shorter? As far as the width is concerned, hmm it is not easy to say exactly but perhaps 30% thinner would be my estimate. Also I don't know what you did but the object is now a lot easier to select and move around in the editor so that's nice.

Is there a way you could improve the lod a bit? If you can't then it is not the end of the world and it will work as it is but the minaret vanishes after 200 m or so.

By the way don't be sorry, you're doing a great job, having a minaret will be super useful.

• 3 months later...

So im almost done with my 75th Ranger mod. the last possible thing i could do is replace the ACH with the TACP helmets that are currently being used. the problem is i have no clue where to find a 3D model and i still suck at UV Mapping. can anyone out there provide assistance? this is something ive been wanting to bring to the game for a while now.

1 hour ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

So im almost done with my 75th Ranger mod. the last possible thing i could do is replace the ACH with the TACP helmets that are currently being used. the problem is i have no clue where to find a 3D model and i still suck at UV Mapping. can anyone out there provide assistance? this is something ive been wanting to bring to the game for a while now.

I could possibly look in the 3d model that I have, you should give me the model in photos so that I can watch If I have on my hd, I have no idea about the helmet that you describe I am rather for the period ww2 but this will be a pleasure to help.

but you must know one thing, it is that it is difficult to import 3 d models coming from the outside and not included in the existing modules of CM, for the moment I have not yet been able to import a model from the outside but only modify existing models in current CM games, when I could, the Merkava, Btr152... will be already on the way...

52 minutes ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

I've also been trying to add Silencers to the weapons. I would parent the object onto the barrel. Then I would save the file by replacing the file like I would do if I were replacing a weapon. but when I open the game the weapons are missing entirely. what might I be doing wrong?

for this part of job I propose to contact @Frenchy56 seem that he has a lot of expericence with weapons, just saying...

hope this help 

JM

1 minute ago, JM Stuff said:

I could possibly look in the 3d model that I have, you should give me the model in photos so that I can watch If I have on my hd, I have no idea about the helmet that you describe I am rather for the period ww2 but this will be a pleasure to help.

but you must know one thing, it is that it is difficult to import 3 d models coming from the outside and not included in the existing modules of CM, for the moment I have not yet been able to import a model from the outside but only modify existing models in current CM games, when I could, the Merkava, Btr152... will be already on the way...

for this part of job I propose to contact @Frenchy56 seem that he has a lot of expericence with weapons, just saying...

hope this help 

JM

hope this help 

CHECK EVENTUAL IF YOU EXPORT "YOURS METADATAS "