Hijacked Uniforms

That must be 'To The Shores of Tripoli'. The US mission involves attacking a terrorist truck bomb workshop. The orders state "Make a point to destroy the hijacked Marine trucks and eliminate any terrorists disguised in Marine uniforms". I believe you may get extra points for killing those disguised terrorists.

28 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

That must be 'To The Shores of Tripoli'. The US mission involves attacking a terrorist truck bomb workshop. The orders state "Make a point to destroy the hijacked Marine trucks and eliminate any terrorists disguised in Marine uniforms". I believe you may get extra points for killing those disguised terrorists.

exactly!!!! that **** tripped me out at first. I thought I placed marines and forgot about them

7 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Mike,  do I assume  correctly these are not simply Red Marines you added in the editor but fighters/combatants with Marine uniforms on?

I don't know but what he probably did is set the scenario as Red vs Red in the Data screen and then purchased some USMC for the opposition in the Unit screen. Once the unit was purchased, the scenario setting is then changed to Blue vs Red in the Data screen and voila there are disguised Marines.

It is a common trick to experienced scenario designers but less well-known elsewhere. I used it to create Skorzeny's Commandos dressed as GIs in the CMFB scenario Probing around Poteau which shipped with the game. And yes it completely threw a few of the testers to start with which meant that I had to make it blatantly obvious that these guys were around in the Mission Orders.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:17 PM, MikeyD said:

We need to watch out with the word terrorist, remember a guy in one of the CMSF2 update threads got violently triggered over it after folks coming up with it in a completely neutral, non-aggressive manner and he then explained there can be no terrorism in hypothetical game scenarios, that terrorism is not to be mentioned when talking about CMSF scenarios, and that it is just a discriminatory word for "brown people" (his words not mine). 😂 Gave me enough ab workout for the next two weeks.

However joking aside it is impressing what capabilities the game editor provides and with what smart hacks scenario editors come up. Never knew this scenario was possible. I need to try this out.

Edited by Mattis

The scenario also has Druz 'spies' working with the Marines. So its a bit of a mix-and-match scenario. During force picking I switched the scenario to Red v Red to get the spies on the Blue side then Blue v Blue to get the Marine trucks on the Red side, then back to Blue v Red to finish it off.

Edited by MikeyD

10 hours ago, MikeyD said:

The scenario also has Druz 'spies' working with the Marines. So its a bit of a mix-and-match scenario. During force picking I switched the scenario to Red v Red to get the spies on the Blue side then Blue v Blue to get the Marine trucks on the Red side, then back to Blue v Red to finish it off.

Yeah, I remember those Blue spies when I played the scenario in CMSF I. I also recall the trick from a mission in the Brit Campaign iirc. I guess I was hoping a scenario mod tag was being used. :)