50/50 Warhammer vs U8led

30/50 Dinga44 vs BertBlitzkrieg

bye Gort vs Gavlong

Germans

K.A. Miles 3 points

ozi 2 points

walker 1 point

British

BertBlitzkrieg 3 points +1 bonus (weak side victory)

U8led 2 points

melb_will 1 point

Bye

Gort 1 point

Match #3 What were we thinking

Germans vs Americans

81/19 Dinga44 vs Major Tum

76/24 K.A. Miles vs BertBlitzkrieg

71/29 Gort vs Zweihorn

71/29 Mikado vs fiaros (Modified Score by Slysniper, Americans were well defeated but Germans Score did not reflect it because match still had many turns to go.)

65/35 Walker vs U8led

63/37 Ozi Digger vs melb_will

bye Warhammer vs Gavlong

Germans

Dinga44 3 points

K.A. Miles 2 points

Gort 1 point

Mikado 1 point

Americans

Melb_will 3 points

U8led 2 points

Fiaros 1 point

Zweihorn 1 point

Bye

Warhammer 1 point

Match #1 The last road out

Americans vs Germans

Bye Ozi Digger vs Gavlong

score not sent Mikado vs Zweihorn

80/20 K.A. Miles vs melb_will

69/31 Gort vs U8led

69/31 Walker vs BertBlitzkrieg (modified score 2% for Bert, challenged game award of a flag – Bert can show it in a after action report)

68/23 Warhammer vs Major Tum

61/39 Dinga44 vs fiaros

Americans

K.A. Miles 3 points

Gort 2 points

Walker 2 points

Warhammer 1 point

Germans

Fiaros 3 points

U8led 2 points

BertBlitzkrieg 2 points

Major Tum 1 point

Bye

Ozi Digger 1 point

Zweihorn will not be allowed to participate in round two, thus avoiding having bye's for any one

else hopefully for this next round. Not something I really wanted to do but he was not able to finish any of his matches, that is just too slow of play for this type of tournament.

[ October 12, 2005, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil aka Major Tum : Am confused - Did I to any good?
You might get a point in the "Last road out", Need Mikado to send the match in, before I can assign points.

You are not in good shape, Highest score of our leader will be 8 points. Keep in mind that you can score 3 points each match, Bonuses for winning with the weak side and in this round, also bonuses for winning a better rated player if you can do it above the matches adverage.

Originally posted by WARHAMMER:

Oh U8led, I can't believe you are getting a point when you never came across the stream! My strategy certainly back fired. You smart bastard!

Hammer :rolleyes:

It appears that has been corrected to 2 points. :D So either your strategy backfired twice as hard or mine paid off double??? something to that effect.

I did actually send most of a platoon to the other side accross the ford on the left (double stealth HQ) but eventually decided to pull them when I knew I would never take the 300pt flag. Had I sent a couple tanks to contest the other bridge flag in a last turn flag rush I would have actually gotten a win.

All in all I felt the Brittis were way under strength in infantry manpower to push for the big flag, so I didnt, I concentrated on keeping my armor alive and hoped to knock out at least one enemy armor, which I did. Mission accomplished (the one in my mind anyway)

-U8Led

Next round matches will be as posted. I did not want anyone to play the same person twice, let me know if I have missed that.

Match #4

Germans vs Americans

Ozi Digger vs Major Tum

melb_will vs Bertblitzkrieg

U8led vs fiaros

Gort vs Dinga44

Walker vs K.A. Miles

Warhammer vs Mikado

Match #5 Norrey

Germans vs Canadians

BertBlitzkrieg vs Gort

Fiaros vs melb_will

K.A. Miles vs U8led

Dinga44 vs Warhammer

Ozi Digger vs Walker

Major Tum vs Mikado

Match #6 Ghost among the fog

Germans vs Americans

Melb_will vs Major Tum

K.A. Miles vs Ozi Digger

Bertblitzkrieg vs Warhammer

U8led vs Dinga44

Mikado vs Walker

Fiaros vs Gort

[ October 12, 2005, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

U8led,

Your actions was what paid off. I think you getting 2 points for your little action strategy only shows a flaw in the point system, but we're all in this to have fun right?

I also think those of us who had to deal with byes were short changed in the end, due to no fault of our own. Then again, we're all in this to have fun!

So remember.....have fun damn it!! :D

U8led,

Your actions was what paid off. I think you getting 2 points for your little action strategy only shows a flaw in the point system, but we're all in this to have fun right?

I also think those of us who had to deal with byes were short changed in the end, due to no fault of our own. Then again, we're all in this to have fun!

I think the system did just what it should have, if He preforms better than the other players playing the Brits he deserved the points, even though in this match that meant playing safe. I think he was lucky because I still cannot believe that no one won strongly with the Brits. During play test the Germans never won a match.

The general tactic was to send a scout unit or two at one of the bridges with the complete force supporting one bridge to assault. Armor somewhat hidden but located to bring all five tanks to bear on the one crossing. Normally able to locate a tank or gun once the infantry started supporting the lead scouts, at which point if it was armor, arty would dump smoke, british armor would roll into place. As smoke clears hopefully 4 or 5 tanks firing on the one or two locations known of the enemy. The guns once revealed never lasted, arty or morters could pin them down and armor then would roll into place and finish them off. Of coarse the Germans would take out tanks with the first shot surprise because of hidden locations, I saw matches where two or three brit tanks are lost this way. But even in these matches the outcome was brit favor. Normally the 2 tanks and 2 Guns destroyed and the brits losing 3 or 4 tanks.

Once the armor is gone, even if the Brits have only 1 or 2 tanks, the rest is how to mop up.

The german never has all his units on one crossing, he must split his force and he does not have locations that can cover both approaches well. Thus the reason that massing on one approach does work and should work if played well normally.

As to the one point for the bye, If there is 12 players, 2 receiving 3 points for the best player of the scenario. 2 receiving 2 points, and 2 receiving one. How is 1 point for a bye not fair, you gained more than 50% of the players that receive nothing. You are even with 66% of the field and have lost ground to only 4 players or 33% of the field. And this is adcheived by not having to play. That seems more than fair to me, but when things are not going the way you want, it must be the system (try again). Thanks for the imput but make more of a case if you are going to complain.

And trust me, it won't be that difficult. I think the last round was a fluke. I went into this tournament (my first ever, BTW) fully intending/expecting to have fun, lose, and give easy points to everybody else. I'll try not to disappoint yall on this round! ;)

Thanks Slysniper, for all the hard work you've poured into this thing!

I was perusing the updated listings, when I came across this irregularity:

Originally posted by slysniper:

69/31 Walker vs BertBlitzkrieg (modified score 2% for Bert, challenged game award of a flag – Bert can show it in a after action report)

Oh yeah, spill the beans Bert! smile.gif Some those superior Dutch tactics no doubt... ;)

I am curious if in "the last road out" did any German players manage to exit any of our exit units (mostly fragile units which did not even show up until the US was in position) against what seemed like millions of mobile machine guns?

That scenario taught me how fragile German HTs are to 50s. Oh and how survivable the 50cal jeeps are.

I did enjoy it though, was my first exit scenario where I was the exeter or suppose to be anyway. I sure as hell would do it different next time.

Thanks again Sly for putting this together, I lost all 3 games but I am tied for second place, I think that is really cool, for lack of a better word.

U8led

Thanks again Sly for putting this together, I lost all 3 games but I am tied for second place, I think that is really cool, for lack of a better word.
Whoever said "losing isnt fun".

Since for some reason all 3 scenarios results were one-sided, I like a format that does not pentalize you for which side you had a chance to play. I also do not think playing both sides in the same game is fair approach either. At least in this format, everyone is playing Blind, and the skills are based on playing a map with no previous knowledge of enemy Data.

If you notice, we have a good mix in rankings, did not matter which side players were given, both sides have about the same results.