CMBO-From out of the Dust

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozi_Digger: beer is important ! To me, a holiday isn't completely right if you can't drink a decent beer ! So, when I go to France I take my own beer with me.

I like my pilsner (lager) bitter, so american beers are out ! The best pilsner in my opinion is made by the germans and (of course) the Czechs. Luckily ther are some good ones in Holland too, but Heineken is not one of them.

For any other kind of beer, Belgium is the Walhalla. Man can they make beer !

Currently I'm sipping from Erdinger Pikantus (dunkler weizenbock). A 7.3% german wheatbeer. It is good.

By the way, games with Gort and Melbourne Will are both underway. Just watched the first movies.

Sly - Sent Michel/Mikado the file 2/3 days ago and haven't heard anything. Tried both email addresses?
I have tried to get a response from him for the scores from the last round and have heard nothing.

Keep me informed, I have a feeling he might dump on us and be another to receive my cursings.If so, if no one else drops out to make it even numbers I will play you if you do not want a bye, or let me see if I can get a standbye to jump in for round two, I will post for one right now

If any of you have heard from Mikado, let me know so that I know that we have someone in contact with him. If we hear nothing by Wed., I want the three that have matches with him let me know which option you want, Bye/a picked up second(Earl Gray has offered)/or myself-not the smart choice of the three.

Originally posted by slysniper:

Yea, not much but they could have seen that from the great score I achieved in the first round... ;)

Perhaps its all a ploy though and I am really good. I mean outstanding, in the second round?

As for intelligence sp "opponants" opponents & "intellegence" intelligence - Presumably you are not a native English Speaker tongue.gif

If any of you have heard from Mikado, let me know so that I know that we have someone in contact with him. If we hear nothing by Wed., I want the three that have matches with him let me know which option you want, Bye/a picked up second(Earl Gray has offered)/or myself-not the smart choice of the three.

Think I would still like to play as the scenario looked really good - But am happy to do the easy thing if it helps Sly?

Slysniper,

Mikado was away for the weekend and now he got back. I know it because we even finished our match today. It was draw and a very fierce battle, as far as I could tell...

Now I am moving on to the next round. My three new matches are already in progress.

fiaros

Final Updated scores from round one

Match #1 The last road out

Americans vs Germans

Bye Ozi Digger vs Gavlong

Bye Mikado vs Zweihorn (submitted but no score

could be awarded)

80/20 K.A. Miles vs melb_will

69/31 Gort vs U8led

69/31 Walker vs BertBlitzkrieg (modified score 2% for Bert, challenged game award of a flag – Bert can show it in a after action report)

68/23 Warhammer vs Major Tum

61/39 Dinga44 vs fiaros

Americans

K.A. Miles 3 points

Gort 2 points

Walker 2 points

Warhammer 1 point

Germans

Fiaros 3 points

U8led 2 points

BertBlitzkrieg 2 points

Major Tum 1 point

Bye

Ozi Digger/Mikado 1 point

Match #2 The bloody stream

Germans vs British

84/16 K.A. Miles vs fiaros

78/6 Ozi Digger vs Zweihorn

70/30 Walker vs Major Tum

69/31 Mikado vs melb_will

50/50 Warhammer vs U8led

30/50 Dinga44 vs BertBlitzkrieg

bye Gort vs Gavlong

Germans

K.A. Miles 3 points

ozi 2 points

walker 1 point

British

BertBlitzkrieg 3 points +1 bonus (weak side victory)

U8led 2 points

melb_will 1 point

Bye

Gort 1 point

Match #3 What were we thinking

Germans vs Americans

81/19 Dinga44 vs Major Tum

76/24 K.A. Miles vs BertBlitzkrieg

71/29 Gort vs Zweihorn

65/35 Walker vs U8led

63/37 Ozi Digger vs melb_will

52/44 Mikado vs fiaros

bye Warhammer vs Gavlong

Germans

Dinga44 3 points

K.A. Miles 2 points

Gort 1 point

Americans

Fiaros 3 point

Melb_will 2 points

U8led 1 points

Bye

Warhammer 1 point

[ October 20, 2005, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

As for intelligence sp "opponants" opponents & "intellegence" intelligence - Presumably you are not a native English Speaker
Wrong, born a true American, just cannot spell worth a _hit. I need spell check for everything I do, just do not take the time when I enter here, no spell check unless I take it to another source. So you want to nail me back, do you.

Modified scores from round one

Fiaros and Mikado just turned in he first round completed. U8 & Melb can take it out on fiaros for stealing points from them.

Well ya win some, lose some... or lose all 3 LOL.

One good thing comes out of it, Fiaros is now ranked higher than me, so a win against him should supply a bonus point :)

Guess I will have to play him a little harder now.

-U8led

Not sure if it means anything, but a few of the scores do not add up to 100.

Anyway, a quick calculation for my own curiosity revealed the following averages:

Last road out (5 Games)

69.4 American / 28.8 German

The bloody stream (6 Games)

63.5 German / 30.5 British

What were we thinking (6 games)

68 German / 31.3 American