What are you looking forward to most?

Well the whole game of course but specifically in no real order and keeping it to less than 5 things... biggrin.gif

- AT gun ambushing

- Recon in armoured vehicles

- On the fly battle creation

- Inaccurate rocket artillery causing havoc

What am I looking forward to?

Vengeance! I remeber the first time that I played LD after downloading the Beta Demo. I played as the Americans and the AI wiped me out. Oh! The humiliation of it all!

I'm looking forward to modifying the scenario a bit and trying it again with some more capable anti-tank assets. Or perhaps some air support...

Lurker

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fenris:

Well the whole game of course but specifically in no real order and keeping it to less than 5 things... biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Quick Battle generator

-Scenario designer (I foresee this game as having almost unlimited replay possibilities, and thank the gods for it!)

-Bocage fights

-Brits, Canadians, etc.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

"What's bocage?"

Well Moiety, bocage is a form of terrain that was common on the Coteten penninsula (The D-Day Landing pennisula). It was also known as "hedge rows" at times, but as we now know, that CM has both. Hedge rows in CM are just lines of hedges that formed small barriers. Bocage is a bit bigger in scope. Bocage was how farmers partitioned off their fields in the relatively lowlands of the area. What they did is to pile earth and rock in walls and then over time they would grow up in trees and such. This created a bit of a problem in early break-out expansion of the invasion. Because the Germans could easily defend such an area by setting up MG posts and/or armour ambushes behind the barriers. The Allies had tanks out-fitted with special bull-dozer style equipment to "push through" these man-made walls.

Hope this answers your question.

But anyway. I'm lokking forward to Operations, On the Fly Battle Creation (not sure what this really means), the entire vehicle fleet, and battles in snow.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I think we should nominate Robert/1 for a "Captain Manieri Award"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Captain Foobar

#5 Driving around the battlefield in a Sdkfz 232 Puma!!! Those things are cool looking!!

#4 Making my own battles where Germans must defend a town against overwhelming odds.

#3 Mowing down squad after squad with a Wirblewind

#2 Jagd-anything!

#1 COMBAT MISSION META CAMPAIGN!!! biggrin.gif

Guest brainboy

1# Having panzerschriek teams that are veteran or better. I am so sick of shermans prancing about in CE and my concscript/green troops are too scared to just kneel-up and blast the damn things. (I can only get minor axis vic over AI and that is with pre-knoledge of scenario great luck with stugs,3 kills)

#2 48 hours of caffine, Pizza, and CM smile.gif

#3 Learning more. One of the coolest things with CM is that it, the AI and 3d environment, are teaching me tactics and the feel of WWII combat better than any game I ever have played. Most games I can find some 'trick' to waste the AI. With CM I played VoT as Amer fist did ok but then as Germans I watched how the Allied AI handled his tanks and troops (should have used arty smoke though IMHO) and 2nd time as Amer I rocked the poor krauts. In essense the TacAI taught me the proper (some of the proper) use of tanks in hilly terran vs AT and dug-in defenders. That blows my mind.

#4 more suprises. The 3D 'infinate' LOS is neat; I get down and dirty (zoom 1) and spot check LOS and 'drive' around with the movement keys seeing what dips and hills in the terrain there are for my units. plot my move. Then during execution all hell breaks loose when I find out that sherman can really see around that hill. Much more fun then tracing lines from hex centerpoint to hex centerpoint, If ya ever played that game.

#5 all the full-length battle movies I hope we start trading.

Guest Scott Clinton

Operations.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

I'm looking forward to (in no particular order):

Anything with 20mm cannons.

Jagd-stuff.

Rocket Artillery.

Quick battle generator/DYO Battlemaker

Canadian's eh?

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

I am most looking forward to beating up on all the beta testers fionn, moon, rune, wild bill, etc. After that maybe Steve and Charles biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I am looking forward to having an acceptable engine for my wargaming habit. With the editor CM will easily become the vehicle of choice for years of tactical wargaming. A toast to BTS smile.gif

I'm looking forward to:

Huge ass battle fields

Night Fighting

Random Map/Forces Generator

And taking several sick days when it arrives on my doorstep. I've saved up 200+ sick hours just while waiting for CM to come out.

Matt

Guest Rupert

I'm looking forward to :

Getting the game ! Heheheh!!!

Truly, Night battles , King tigers and get big punch ups in wooded terrain ..

Guest Deadline

Watching my Panzers roll on to victory,

while crushing my oppenant and taking No

Prisoners....HA HA HA