Vehicle smoke

Kozlice

It is possible to equip regular vehicles with quick air-burst grenades from Shtora. So in fact you can mix the deployment groups which you can control from the switchbox inside the vehicle. Would be a cool feature to have player have control over long-distance smoke, but have crews automatically deploy defensive smoke when they are spotted.  

Yeah, I myself often get mystified by where my smokes get popped. I usually try to do FACE to the direction and then do POP SMOKE. Yet, the BTR smoke has a mind of its own. Landing wherever and then being pushed by the wind.

Pretty effective at protecting infantry, though.

I'm curious: is the "black" smoke's effect on thermals any different than the usual "white" variant? Is it easier or harder to see through?

21 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

I'm curious: is the "black" smoke's effect on thermals any different than the usual "white" variant? Is it easier or harder to see through?

This is my understanding: All US vehicle smoke is IR-blocking.  Black RUS / UKR vehicle smoke is not IR blocking.  White RUS / UKR vehicle smoke (e.g. Shtora) is IR-blocking. 

45 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Smoke didn't seem to last more than a few seconds.  Presumably a "display version", not "real" smoke?

I saw that Polish tank in the Chieftain/Military history visualized video:

Looks like they got many old soviet vehicles lapping about. If the smoke is disorienting to the audience, I can't imagine how disorienting it is for the tankers.

A curious tactic... hopefully we'll get to test it out in CM soon.