Nobody has a helmet

I downloaded the BP and none of the guys have a helmet..The uniforms were all black.  Then I went into the editor and selected 101 AB and I have the patch and uniform,still no headgear.  Kinda wierd, must be a video thing,, If I had to guess.

Edited by markus544

Checked all the allied nations and there good,  Americans are all wearing black w/o helmets.  The german paras have their helmets and camo uniforms, regular german army are wearing black also....Driving me nuts.  All the americans need is a triangle pith helmet and they would look like the charlie in vietnam

Edited by markus544

Makes sense...I deleted everything and reinstalled all of the modules and the new BP....It looks okay with the exception of the americans units...They either are wearing black w/o helmets or they have on the paratrooper uniforms w/o helmets....very irritating.

Well I installed everything again.  I'm thinking it's a windows 10 thing.  I had windows 8 and upgraded some tine ago and reinstalled this game and now I have black clad gook looking GI'S... the funny thing is that CW forces are totally kitted out...no problems.  the The Germans and are kinda messed up, but what the heck...I think my wife is going taking off to the bar, I've been a total jerk trying to get my guys kitted out...If this sounds little on the nut job side, well...I'm guilty as charged...

Oh, you reinstalled the whole shebang?  Then my guess is install order mistake, not a corrupted file. I know, because I've botched several reinstalls over the years and the missing uniforms/blackness always occurs when I have.  I'm sorry I don't have the order at hand to post, but twice I forgot one of the older patches IIRC and ended up with the problem. If you do a search on this forum for "install order" or something like that you should find one of the threads that has the info.

Edit: Okay, found my copy of the install order up to 3.0 from an old thread. Hope it helps.  (IIRC, I missed the 1.11 patch step both times I had the problem.)

How do I reinstall CMBN?
(This is a copy of the Installation chapter in the CMBN - Market Garden game manual)

The important thing to keep in mind (and probably the biggest potential source of confusion) is this:

If you have a CMBN module or Upgrade, then you do not need your base game key (ever again), and you do not have to patch/activate your base game separately (ever again)!

When you activate a module with a module key, or patch a module, the base game is activated/ patched automatically as well, including any installed modules. When you activate an Upgrade with an Upgrade key, the base game and any modules are activated automatically as well. There is no need to license/ patch the base game, or other modules, separately, PROVIDED that you activate/patch the latest available version.

Below is the correct way to (re-)install CMBN and modules. If you do not have a module listed below, simply skip that step:

1- install the base game, Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. This will typically be v1.00 or v1.01.

2- (if available) install the Commonwealth Module. This will update your game to v1.10.

3- install the CMBN v1.11 patch. You can find it at www.battlefront.com/patches.

4- install the CMBN 2.0 Upgrade, or the 2.0 Market Garden Bundle.

5- use your 2.0 Upgrade license key, or the 2.0 & Market Garden Bundle license key to activate. This will activate the base game and Commonwealth (if available), and Market Garden (if you installed the bundle).

5b- install the Market Garden module, unless you have installed the bundle already in step 3.

5c- use the Market Garden license key to activate the Market Garden module, unless you have activated it already in step 5.

6- install patch 2.12

7- install upgrade 3.0, using 3.0 license key.

Edited by mjkerner

I have Windows 10 and have had for a year. It sounds like you might be missing one of the brz files. As long as your opening screen shows 3.12 you have the right exe file, that only leaves missing brz files which could create havoc.  Can you post the files you have in the data directory. It is likely you have something missing. 

Installing in the wrong order would only result in your exe being wrong, you'd still have all the brz files. That could end up with problems, but you wouldn't see 3.12 as the version. 

Yikes! For people who bought the v3 upgrade there is no need for the long complex install order recipes any more.  Right now you can go get a single installer for 3.11 and run it and then add the 3.12 patch or the battle pack on top of it and that is it.  Two steps only some day it will be one again I would imagine.

Yikes! For people who bought the v3 upgrade there is no need for the long complex install order recipes any more.  Right now you can go get a single installer for 3.11 and run it and then add the 3.12 patch or the battle pack on top of it and that is it.  Two steps only some day it will be one again I would imagine.

I have Windows 10 and have had for a year. It sounds like you might be missing one of the brz files. As long as your opening screen shows 3.12 you have the right exe file, that only leaves missing brz files which could create havoc.  Can you post the files you have in the data directory. It is likely you have something missing. 

Installing in the wrong order would only result in your exe being wrong, you'd still have all the brz files. That could end up with problems, but you wouldn't see 3.12 as the version. 

I assumed "I installed everything again" meant markus did the whole deal from scratch.  It would be pretty strange if he missed brz files using the 3.11 installer and adding 3.12/BP1. If he did the full, old install routine, he must have missed a step completely, not just had them in the wrong order. 

Here is a list of all the BRZ files you should have if you have everything.

Normandy v100A
Normandy v100B
Normandy v100E
Normandy v101
Normandy v110 Commonwealth
Normandy v110
Normandy v111
Normandy v200 Commonwealth
Normandy v200
Normandy v201
normandy v210 market garden a
normandy v210 market garden b