Command order suggestions?

I would like to see the following commands added to the command options:

Add Target Tanks Only(sp guns are tanks for this command), why?so a small scouting ht or armored car does not blow your tank/at gun concealment.

Add Open Briefly, just like you can target briefly, 15,30,45 sec, I would like the tank commander to unbutton and scan the area for 15sec etc, then re-button.

Add Hide from Armor,(for inf only), Infantry immediately hide upon spotting enemy armor.

Thoughts?

I would like to see the following commands added to the command options:

Add Target Tanks Only(sp guns are tanks for this command), why?so a small scouting ht or armored car does not blow your tank/at gun concealment....Thoughts?

Great idea. I just recently got burned by the situation you describe. A new command like "Target Tanks Only" could help ease ammo worries, too.

Fortunately there is currently a command in the game called 'Target Armor' where you can set a covered arc so a unit will only engage armored vehicles.

Maybe make it a toggle, so that if you just click the armour arc button, but don't set any arc, then it highlights and just generally prevents the tank from engaging targets other than armour?

But doesn't target armour also let your units fire on half tracks?

Mind you I'm not sold on adding a lot of new commands. I am not sure if I want my tanks to ignore half tracks since they already do a good job prioritizing tanks when they have choices. My infantry are already pretty skittish around tanks and I am not sure if having them hide would really help - it might make it harder for their Lt and Capt to tell what the enemy tanks are up to (aka me :) ).

I have had more then one occasion where I would have liked to coordinate movement with buttoning / unbuttoning of tank commanders though.

But doesn't target armour also let your units fire on half tracks?

Mind you I'm not sold on adding a lot of new commands. I am not sure if I want my tanks to ignore half tracks since they already do a good job prioritizing tanks when they have choices. ...

Yep, ignore that Stummel at your peril.

A couple of HEAT rounds from a Stummel has saved my bacon on more than one occasion in PBEM's ;)

And there's more than a couple of deadly AC's too, on both sides.

One problem with good ideas is there have been too many of them! :)  I have my own wish list for new/different orders, myself. But the game currently is pretty much at the saturation point for number of orders/menus/buttons/commands that can be reasonably juggled at the same time. Maybe they could add one more, maybe two more, but soon the commands menu starts looking like a wall of text. I'm reminded of a survey some years back on healthcare options. If you give people a choice of five or six plans they're happy with their choices, if you give them an option of forty plans they're numbed into inaction. Sensory overload kicks in.

If they can do one or two more, do them!, only adds to the already deep, tactical depth

The question then becomes: which of the dozens of new commands that get suggested BFC implement. And whether the addition is more worthwhile for more people than another improvement that takes the same number of development man-hours.