What are the in-game effects of fatigue?

I also use Move as a pseudo move to contact. If they spot and engage an enemy unit they will generally stop moving so long as the enemy remains spotted. It's like a more aggressive but less tiring Hunt.

When troops use MOVE, they will start to run FAST towards the next waypoint when they take incoming fire. Which is usually a bad thing.

Move is necessary. It's the baseline speed that the most heavily-laden troops can maintain (i.e. they won't pick up loads that mean they can't go at least at "Move" speed). It's needed for ATGs and such, apart from its tactical uses in difficult terrain. For my purposes, it's hardly ever used by standard rifle squads, since it's rare that Exhausted troops need to keep moving in most games, but it's necessary that it exists.

Good question, but Quick will always expend more energy than Move. My Guess is at worst the energy expenditure is minimal or stable during MOVE unless in the "red". Then stop and hide them if you can till they recover because energy is critical.

They will recover from Tired whilst using Move :)

Thanks, gents!

• 5 months later...

BTW...how long does it take a unit to recover from being exhausted?

I find that depends on how exhausted they actually are. The text just says 'exhausted' after you tire the guys enough, but if you then continue to make them crawl about, the underlying number seems to keep going down.

Eventually it will take ages to recover, but if they just reached the point where the text flipped from 'fatigued' to 'exhausted', they will quite quickly go back to 'fatigued' if you let them sit for a minute or two.