Kampfgruppe Engel - fighting the bugs

Hi there, decided to create a new thread concetrating all the bugs I encountered in the Kampfgruppe Engel campaign. I will list in 1 liners all the bugs I already saw reported on the forum.

(I purchased the whole cmbn bundle cmbn + 2 modules, if this matters version wise)

1.  2 PzKpfw and 1 panther missing in mission 2, didn't loose them in mission 1.

2.  2 PzKpfw and 1 panther missing in mission 3, didn't loose them in mission 1.

3.  mission 3: the abandoned king tiger getting whacked\crippled by the bazooka team deployed near it.

Nothing to save by the time I get there unless I savescum.

4.  maybe a bug: 75mm ATG is not visible when in tow mode, did the germans tow their guns inside the halftracks?

5. on mission 4, the 75mm ATG dissapears, when I tell it to disembark only the crew is seen. The workaround that is suggested on the forum won't work, since the gun comes with the reinforcement.

6. Now, to the bug(bug?) that made me ragequit:  mission 4, I have to stop\intercept the canadian armor

coulumns. In the briefing the conditions described: light fog, 800 meters max visibility

what I get is under 400 meters LOS (light blue line) with both infantry and armor (checked in different places, on flat ground, ETC.... But it is getting worse: in practice my infantry and armor spot enemies only 100 meters away. I basically lined up almost all my armor near the exit zones out of frustration and the canadian ghost armor is materializing out of nowhere and popping out AROUND my tanks at distance of under 100 meters........

At this point I gave up on this campaign (Ignoring the bugs, this is the best campaign I tried out of the 4 campaigns of the vanilla and commonwealth)

Thnks for reading the wall of text :)
English is not my native language, sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Hope you fix the bugs, this wonderful campaign deserves to be playable again.

By the way, did anybody play the market garden module campaigns post v3.0 patch (if I understand correctly from reading on the forum: the v3.0 patch created all this problems)?

I wonder if I should start playing the market garden module campaigns, since I suspect they got the same nasty surprises. Can anybody confirm if those 2 campaings bugged\clear post v3.0 patch?

Can I somehow roll back my game to v2.0 or other version that did not have the bugs I described?

and the last question:

Are there any user made campaigns supporting version 3.0? I didn't see on the repository the engine version listed in user made campaigns.

I got same. I thought it was deliberate when I lost the Panther etc in senarion 2.. I wasnt sure it was a bug

I got the towed gun fixed by getting some new file from battlefront support. It was invisible before .

I had been looking forward to playing this but it sounds like too much frustration:(

Yes I would be very reluctant to start playing any campaign with v3 at the moment unless campaign was created with V3 engine.

As for playong on older version you can do this by creating an earlier version of the game EXE but I guess this is only open to those who have the earlier disc or download of the engine.

If you paid for V3 you will have got V3 and I am not sure if you can still get the earlier packs of code?

If you do have the earlier packs you can reload the game and ensure that you create it and name it differently, then apply patches to which level you wish. It will cost you some of your activations in the process...

Edited by Holien

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, decided to create a new thread concetrating all the bugs I encountered in the Kampfgruppe Engel campaign. I will list in 1 liners all the bugs I already saw reported on the forum.

(I purchased the whole cmbn bundle cmbn + 2 modules, if this matters version wise)

1.  2 PzKpfw and 1 panther missing in mission 2, didn't loose them in mission 1.

2.  2 PzKpfw and 1 panther missing in mission 3, didn't loose them in mission 1.

3.  mission 3: the abandoned king tiger getting whacked\crippled by the bazooka team deployed near it.

Nothing to save by the time I get there unless I savescum.

4.  maybe a bug: 75mm ATG is not visible when in tow mode, did the germans tow their guns inside the halftracks?

5. on mission 4, the 75mm ATG dissapears, when I tell it to disembark only the crew is seen. The workaround that is suggested on the forum won't work, since the gun comes with the reinforcement.

6. Now, to the bug(bug?) that made me ragequit:  mission 4, I have to stop\intercept the canadian armor

coulumns. In the briefing the conditions described: light fog, 800 meters max visibility

what I get is under 400 meters LOS (light blue line) with both infantry and armor (checked in different places, on flat ground, ETC.... But it is getting worse: in practice my infantry and armor spot enemies only 100 meters away. I basically lined up almost all my armor near the exit zones out of frustration and the canadian ghost armor is materializing out of nowhere and popping out AROUND my tanks at distance of under 100 meters........

At this point I gave up on this campaign (Ignoring the bugs, this is the best campaign I tried out of the 4 campaigns of the vanilla and commonwealth)

Thnks for reading the wall of text :)

English is not my native language, sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Hope you fix the bugs, this wonderful campaign deserves to be playable again.

Thanks for the great summary Danny03, I'm checking into all of these for the upcoming CMBN patch.

I am really pleased BFC decided to keep the older games current with upgrades and are now looking at updating old campaigns. I asked this in the other thread, but then it got locked, but is the re-do of Shock Force still a possibility?

I am really pleased BFC decided to keep the older games current with upgrades and are now looking at updating old campaigns. I asked this in the other thread, but then it got locked, but is the re-do of Shock Force still a possibility?

I'd be wary of calling what I just did an update of KG Engel, at least as far as Upgrades are concerned. All I did was fix some bugs that had cropped up after some recent patches.

The Shock Force update is still tentatively planned, but it's a ways off in the future. Currently it is not on our radar and we are instead occupied with the other projects mentioned in Steve's update post.