How to place posters on walls in the editor?

I'm trying to place signcards and posters on walls in the editor, but no matter what I do, it seems the poster either ends up floating i nthe air in front of the wall, or inside the building.

The few times I got lucky with clicking exactly the right spot, it seemed the poster ended up inside the actual wall, and therefore invisible. What's the trick?

Ooooooo yes! I wanted to ask about this when I was making some maps for CMFI. It's really tough to get them "just right" and I'll end up spending 10 min to just get one where I approximately want it,mor give up and delete it.

If any of the experienced map designers (JonS? ;) ) could give some tips that would be great!

Same here. I have given up trying to place posters a long time ago. CMFI chimneys are easier I think. Probably because they dont have to be placed quite as accurately as posters.

I think the reason for the near impossibility is that flavor objects seem to have some sort of "placement spot" akin to an action spot - but on a smaller scale. The editor never seems to place the flavor object exactly on the spot where you alt-click (in preview mode), but rather on the nearest "placement spot". That is how I interpret what is happening.

With bits of patience, "free move" (ALT + Click) and nudging 1m increments (SHIFT + Click) does it halfways well. "Free move" holds and releases the pivotal point of posters (and other doodads), so an offset needs to be taken into account, when clicking the map. Best to first position the doodad (poster) with ALT-Click looking parallel to a wall, looking on the "thin" side of the poster, until it alomost matches and then SHIFT-Click it in 1m increments "along" the wall, til it also matches frontally.

What I have tried is placing posters at an angle to the wall, then making the last two clicks to get them flush.  It seems to be easier to get them positioned that way.  I put a whole bunch in on an expanded Venafro map and it seems to work well enough, but yes it is still a slow process and sometimes you just have to give up and select another location.

Also my impression is that they don't work well for independent buildings.