The Peng Challenge Thread: Some one get me a drink, and tell me what's going on, eh?

Where in the hell is the land of Hiyawtha? Is it near Noo Yawk?

Being the boob that you are and also from Ohio, which may excuse from time to time your dimmer posts. I will overlook your lack of recognition of subtle irony displayed by the mis-spelling of the word Hiyawatha. Anyhoo,  the land of Hiyawatha is not far from the Shining Big Sea Waters.

Hey Speedbumpkin!

How's that whole big artillery barrage in the middle of your open-topped Sextons working out for you?

Am I raining on your parade of hopelessness?

Well, Boo-Boo.  I know you are cavorting over there, over the moon on finally shooting those big, bad guns towards the enemy instead of towards your own tents.  However, I must point out that to be successful, you must actually hit something.  Instead, you are doing a wonderful job aerating that field for the farmers.  But to be fair, you did hit a jeep that had a broken oil line.  Congrats!!

Boo-boo-01.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I blame you all for not providing more UPDATES!!

After Noba gamily killed one of my lead tanks on the only bridge in the scenario (bottling up my entire assault force), I nobly allowed him the satisfaction of an ignoble win (after all, he gamily killed one of my tanks on the only bridge in the scenario).  Now Noba is preparing to ignobly lose in a new scenario where there appears to be two bridges!!

Boo Radley gamily offered a game in which my goal is to move a regiments worth of artillery, trucks, half tracks, jeeps and universal carriers in a retreat using a single zig zag road.  He is ignobly sitting back and laughing as I have to set multi point pathways for a hundred vehicles every turn (because the damn things either don't move because of all of the confusion or they wander in random paths around perceived obstacles).  I think he has killed a couple of trucks in 30 turns and I have scared a couple of his troopers.  His maniacal laughter is getting on my nerves....

Nidan1 finally laid his weapons down and admitted defeat to the noble hordes from the East.  After slogging through mud and forests, I was successful in overcoming the gamey use of mobile anti-aircraft guns in the anti-personnel role.  After leaving half of my force immobilized in the mud, we finally overcame the resistance by throwing our mess kits at his scattered troops.  Now I prepare to defend a military town against a similarly gamey force....

I blame you all for not providing more UPDATES!!

After Noba gamily killed one of my lead tanks on the only bridge in the scenario (bottling up my entire assault force), I nobly allowed him the satisfaction of an ignoble win (after all, he gamily killed one of my tanks on the only bridge in the scenario).

You did forget to mention that up until you tried to force an obviously* well defended bridge with mortars dropping on the choke point (your neck) and you had completely:

- failed to take advantage of an open flank, bravely sending tanks one after the other to be destroyed by my Galant Infantry at another easily bypass able choke point....

(My tanks didn't have to put down their coffee at any stage and help out).

- failed to take advantage of the ford on the other side of the map that "wasn't" mined at all.... *cough*.... honest.

Nope - hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle was your only answer. So after much mirth and general jolly-ness on my part, I accepted your SURRENDER.

Noba.

*Obvious to everyone else, of course.

Edited by Noba