Request for Bulge bone (or two)

BFC knows. At least I hope so :)

But they´re not telling. I bet they are working on it, though. But their policy seems to be that they would rather be completely silent than build up expectations that they´re not able to fulfill.

My guess is that they are probably very busy working on a new patch for Black Sea. And it does seem to be a reasonable policy to iron out the worst errors of one release before you move your focus to the next one. Even though I personally wish they wouldn´t, as I have no interest in the modern games. I know BCF say they work on several releases concurrently, but it seems to me - as an outsider - that they pretty much focus on one title at a time.

Hopefully, we´ll know soon.

Edited by umlaut

umlaut,

I think your speculation makes eminently good sense, not least because we have direct testimony from some of the BFC types that a Patch is coming. There are things which need fixing, the case for them has been made, and it's been stated they will be fixed. Moving on...

I think your issue isn't an aversion to modern warfare. It's that you are secretly in the employ of the VAC (Virtual Ammunition Cartel)! Evidence? Per the US Army, in WW II it took, on average, 17 rounds to hit a tank at 1500 meters. In CMBS, it's usually 1. Clearly, the VAC does much better supporting a war with lower tech, relatively inaccurate pixel weaponry than a war of hyper accurate weaponry permits. We are on to,sir.

(harrumphs)

No interest in the modern games indeed.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Edited by John Kettler

umlaut,

(harrumphs)

No interest in the modern games indeed.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Me neither. It is not that I don't want to or out of spite. The conflict just doesn't interest me in any way. I've considered buying it just to support BF and I probably will sooner or later, but not just yet. I've bought each and every game of the CM series so far and it feels a little bit like treason not to buy CMBS. I haven't much time at the moment though and as I said not much interest either. I do understand however (after some cooling down) that BF has other priorities at this moment and every dog must have it's day. So now the fans of modern warfare have a good time. Our time, ww 2 fans that is, will come again too and we already have a couple of great games to play with. I hope BF does well with CMBS, I really do. Let's hope the Bulge will be upon us when the leaves start to fall again.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Aragorn2002,

Everything after the first paragraph was humor. It may simply be bocage fever, but one of the things I love about CMBS, over and above all those wonderful toys, is that I don't feel claustrophobic the way I do in CMBN. Maybe I need to play CW in it. Much more eye friendly terrain. If I can ever sort out my tech woes, I'll soon be playing MG. I noticed the same feeling of no longer being hemmed in while watching some of the battles unfold in CMFI. The visuals are much more appealing and engaging for me there as well.

Regards,

John Kettler

Agreed.

Although the open fields and extra-large maps in RT were daunting at first, there simply is no substitute for the tank-on-tank potential to be found on the Eastern Front. Just counting the plumes of smoke on the battlefield made me choke...in a good way. I counted twenty-three at the end of Mission Number Five in the German Campaign - sadly, many of them from my own AFV's.

I am glad to have cut my teeth in the bocage country of BN, but I am not in any hurry to return to it. 

Consider me converted.

...I really do. Let's hope the Bulge will be upon us when the leaves start to fall again.

Hopefully a lot sooner than that since I don't have any interest in a Bulge or any late 44 to end of WWII time periods for that matter. I am hoping they crank these out quickly so the earlier war time periods 40-43, Kursk, Barbarossa, North Africa, France '40 can get some love faster at some point down the road. 

CMBS does not help this process however, as it will be getting modules that will take up time BFC's time as well (these however, I do look forward to getting).

Edited by Blazing 88's

Sit on the bus, relax and enjoy the journey. Your stop is a pretty far ways off. Luckily the kindly old driver has a good memory and he'll wake you when we finally get there and "announce" your destination.

Well, actually, some of those destinations are quite far down the road and this kindly old driver will be more than likely be out on pension or pushing up the daisies!

But his relief or his relief's relief will more than likely carry on the tradition. :D

Woof! Woof! Woof!

hqdefault_zpsao6xy4rw.jpg

Haha Kohl, you won't rest until everyone buys every game! Just kidding,

f56696948532cae26c8480a326c51415.jpg

I would be very interested in a Eastern front 1942-43 game, as it would give more variety than RT, (where at least the German kit is not much different from that in CMBN) but the fact is all these games are so damned good that I don't care what they make down the road. I will likely pick up Bulge, but even if all they do is patch what already exists I'm extremely delighted. So yeah, I'm gonna do as Kohl suggest and just enjoy the journey, because it's a good one. :)