Tracked vehicles immobilized from bogging

If a vehicle is immobilized from becoming bogged down is it immobile for the rest of the battle? I seem to remember in CMx1 that there was a chance that a bogged vehicle could become unstuck. And this may be my imagination, but I also seem to remember being able to push a bogged tank with another tank and that would sometimes free them from their bogged status. Am I making this up?

No, not imagining it.

In CMx1 you went from Bogged to Immobilised ( or unbogged ). It's the same in CMx2 - either you burn out something, throw a track or just sink deeper ( immobilised ) or you get free.

However, CMx2 does not allow vehicles to push other vehicles, so unbogging via pushing can't work in CMx2

• 1 year later...

For what it's worth, my perception is different from Womble's (though also very much not a test / statistical sample): I recall having more success unbogging by changing the move order to slow and / or reverse (tactical situation permitting) compared with leaving it "as is" ...

To me it makes sense, in that the vehicle crew are given the leeway, time-wise, to try and manoeuvre the vehicle carefully from its bogged state: any faster-speed order means "hurry up", and *may* result in freeing the vehicle but also *seems* more often to result in immobilisation ...

But that may just be me applying what I think is more logical to give a selective viewpoint of the outcomes for me!!

If you don't give it new / different orders, it will carry on trying to do whatever it was doing when it became bogged, and either free itself or not; so you can just leave it alone to get on with it, but I almost always interfere ...

Any new data on how to unbog a tank?  Should you give it new movement orders?  What happens if you don't give it orders?

Even without movement orders, vehicles will continue to try to get free ( you can see the tracks of tanks moving ). So once it's bogged, it will eventually either transition to immobilised or free, regardless of your actions.

Personally I've not seen any correlation between type of movement orders and success/failure, but even after all these years since CMBN, my statistical sample is low.

10 hours ago, Baneman said:

Even without movement orders, vehicles will continue to try to get free ( you can see the tracks of tanks moving ). So once it's bogged, it will eventually either transition to immobilised or free, regardless of your actions.

Personally I've not seen any correlation between type of movement orders and success/failure, but even after all these years since CMBN, my statistical sample is low.

I don't know whether there's a correlation or not, but since I probably bogged because I wasn't moving slowly when I should have been, switching to slow means that if my tank gets unbogged, it might not immediately bog again because I'm trying to quick move across the mudflat.

36 minutes ago, Andrew H. said:

I don't know whether there's a correlation or not, but since I probably bogged because I wasn't moving slowly when I should have been, switching to slow means that if my tank gets unbogged, it might not immediately bog again because I'm trying to quick move across the mudflat.

I think there is no bigger risk of bogging from moving fast or quick across terrain than any other speed. A guy on this forum did some tests once, running a Sherman around a map for long distances..