Allied AAR: The Road to Eindhoven (CMPzC)

1. That is your share of the battalion's assets. No jeeps come with it. I could put them BOTH on foot? :D

2. I was trying to watch your back. At least a little cover in case you had them arrive in the middle of an enemy mortar attack or counterattack. 

Next time I will place them on the road as you desire. :D

Actually Chappy I really do appreciate your constructive points. This WAS our first main battle and indeed there is always room for improvement.

For the next main battle, I will make sure to have an interactive with the commander and go through these type things more slowly so we all feel good when the red button gets pushed. I thought I sent you the turn file with all the blue bands to see where stuff would be but it was not scenario editor mode so maybe you did not see what units were R1 or R2. Next time I will send the set-up turn save file in scenario editor mode and you can see where stuff will be. And who is walking and who is riding! :D

If we had tank riders then you'd be covered! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Allied Assault Hex 2,6.

Orders: 0815hrs.

Probe the town. If lightly defended occupy.

Friendly Forces.

2 x Sherman Troops with each containing a Firefly.

Recce Squadron.

Inf. Coy.

Expected Enemy Forces.

Coy of regular infantry with support of ATG's, light artillery and/or Stugs.

Plan.

Reconnoiter along main road into town. Use massive firepower of Shermans to support the Infantry and carriers against heavy resistance.

If resistance is light occupy Town.

1st Minute

xSZju8p.jpg

zi3dF1a.jpg

NFytffq.jpg

U0AOK2F.jpg

7XXk1Vu.jpg

Lt. Kuderian ran off into the Allied exit zone!

Good news. He is rushing back to kick someone out of a tank from 3 troop so he can get back into the fight.

Are those two fading contacts of AT guns new or the ones already dealt with?

Interesting that no one has a solid contact on the tanks / vehicles moving in the town yet. The weather is hampering visibility.

Good news. He is rushing back to kick someone out of a tank from 3 troop so he can get back into the fight.

Interestingly enough, Ian, I created a forum topic months ago on just this situation.  I had a German tank crew who had abandoned it's MKIV and was subsequently eliminated. But the tank was fine. I had another German HQ tank crew who had their tank destroyed under them but were ok. I wanted to move this HQ to take over the abandoned tank, but alas, the game wouldn't let me.  Crew swapping happened all the time, especially when the leader's tank was shot up up, they just moved in to another tank to resume command and control.  Anyway, you just triggered something I had thought about :)

Oh yes and it has been brought up before a bunch of times.  Lots of people would like to see it but BFC are reluctant because they feel that it would expose the game to crazy skill level shenanigans.  I forget the full reasoning.

One thing you can do is get your OK HQ team into another vehicle with a radio - such as a half track and then they can take command of the tank platoon again.