Allied AAR: The Road to Eindhoven (CMPzC)

Not Belfast!!!!  lol

See those 4 buildings or so near the town by themselves?  Where you advanced through?  That might be a good place to hold up. Consolidate your 3 platoons into probably one....tanks in defence covering German counter-attack routes. Arty on call.  Just my recommendation though, it's your battle

Not Belfast!!!!  lol

See those 4 buildings or so near the town by themselves?  Where you advanced through?  That might be a good place to hold up. Consolidate your 3 platoons into probably one....tanks in defence covering German counter-attack routes. Arty on call.  Just my recommendation though, it's your battle

Are we expecting an armoured Axis counter attack next campaign turn?

And are friendly reinforcements en route?

Turn2B Axis are up to bat.

axismovementturn_zpsda73cc01.jpg

OK fellas, the axis forces have made some moves and here is what you now see in the image down below this text.

We are in kind of a limbo zone with your troops clinging on to that hex 2,6....it is beyond normal PzC scenario ability to process the turn so be glad you got me the human!  :D

The 2 units on the left in the photo have moved into hex 1,6 from a few hexes away. Your units took a few shots but did no damage, just some added fatigue.

The 3 units on the right have stayed there in 2,6.

AxisAssaultPhase_zps7fb36cb2.jpg

So now the axis has declared basically an assault within the hex 2,6 aimed at your Irish guards and tanks clinging to the edge of the suburbs.

I will begin to prepare the battle. Any questions/comments?

Turn2BAlliedView_zpst3yd8d0k.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

• 3 weeks later...

Good idea.

To catch up to where we are. The post #110 axis assault never happened because the allies, battered hard by their probe/assault, slipped out of hex 2,6 under cover of a smoke screen.

Now we are in Turn 3A and the allies have launched an assault into the weak flank at hex 1,6. IanL takes over from here! See his AAR thread, link in his post #111.

Here is an over view from the start. On it you can see the three platoons of 2 company plus their basic moves and the position of the HQ (me) and the mortars. My 2IC is moving up with 4 Platoon. The green circles are the places I called artillery - speculating that there might be AT guns there.

post-68949-0-81674800-1437064123.jpg

5 Platoon moving towards the farm

6 Platoon in the middle observing

4 Platoon and the carrier section moving along the river
post-68949-0-81674800-1437064123_thumb.j

Thank you.  All's quiet at the moment.  I am a bit surprised things are so flat I was expecting that contacts would appear right away.  Mind you it makes sense my guys are the ones moving in the open I expect the enemy is under cover waiting to see the white of my men's eyes. I bet when the first set of tanks show up things will get more interesting.  Good thing I have my artillery tied to arrive then too.

• 1 month later...

8 minutes or so left in the Dommelen battle as Ian has been doing an excellent AAR in his own thread.

Then we will await the post battle analysis and then on to Turn 3B with the usual....

Some of dis stuff....

axismovementturn_zpsda73cc01.jpg

And maybe some of dis stuff?

AxisAssaultPhase_zps7fb36cb2.jpg

If I would have written that new op layer game it would have probably had one of those warning labels on the cover for parents!!!!   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, please be thinking of what you guys desire to do operationally in case the axis just do some moves and do NOT launch any assaults. :D

I can turn things around fairly quickly and serve up some hot delicious battles! 

Get those dang engineers into the fight! Taking their sweet time digging holes and filling sandbags I guess?

And those Stuarts! The crews probably have their shirts off getting some, sun, drinking Dutch beer and talking to the ladies....