Allied AAR: The Road to Eindhoven (CMPzC)

7th minute.

dIcZReC.jpg

HGf4THI.jpg

Chappy, another good tip is to have two HQ's from different parent formations near each other. That way they will gradually share their respective C2. Especially useful for the Commonwealth forces as their armour is usually in a different formation.

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff!  I have been watching all of the movies. I wonder how those 2 x ATGs have fared after the mortars and tank fire?

I have got them both under light 81mm mortar fire. I am sending the Coy sniper team to get a closer look.

After losing 2 Shermans, I am being more cautious to say the least! At the same time, I want to concentrate my forces on the green objective zone and not get sidetracked off East.

There are only 30 minutes left now and my opponent retreating off map after inflicting serious damage is more than likely...boo hoo ;(

Edited by Kuderian

I have got them both under light 81mm mortar fire. I am sending the Coy sniper team to get a closer look.

After losing 2 Shermans, I am being more cautious to say the least! At the same down I want to concentrate my forces on the green objective zone and not get sidetracked. Only 30 minutes left and my opponent retreating off map after inflicting serious damage is more than likely.

You are doing great!

Remember: you were advancing, sun in your eyes, against four, well sighted and emplaced AT guns....yikes

Yeah, doing well.  I like the plan of drop mortars in the AT guns and move up spotters to see the results.  No sense in driving tanks up there to see if they get holed.  Especially as you said they are really taking your eye off the prize.

That is quite the mess of wire the enemy has setup there at the entrance to town.  Good luck!

Yeah, doing well.  I like the plan of drop mortars in the AT guns and move up spotters to see the results.  No sense in driving tanks up there to see if they get holed...

And if Fizou had more ATG's in the NE sector facing South then getting holed in my left side would be a distinct possibility!

Don't ind me if you see me wandering through this thread.. I had to pull out of the Axis side of this campaign so I am not here gathering intelligence.   ;)

Very interesting little fight.. you did well versus the ATGs... looking forward to the fight for the town.

A shame you had to pull out ,you would ,no doubt, of been a formidable opponent!

Out of interest, would there have been a standard drill for Commonwealth tank Troops and Squadrons upon  spotting enemy ATG's on their flank?

Thanks Chappy!

I hoping to get a foothold at least into those aforementioned 3 probe routes.

I do not think I have sufficient infantry or time to take the whole of the green objective zone.

At least then if there is a rematch on this battle, I will have good starting points for taking the town!

New infantry trenches spotted from SW. Do you think I should use my main 8 Gun barrage on the woods or continue to concentrate on the town bearing in my it would be around a 9 minutes delay?

I hope our CiC Nathangun does not demote me after this battle ;) Latrine duty maybe!

Yeah that is one huge green zone with lots of buildings for him to hide in. This was only intended as a probe originally, so I think you have done well pushing that far.  I think 4 x AT guns are toast so that in itself is a win in my eyes.  I wouldn't even bother with the woods - they are just infantry at long range with small arms....bypass in order :)  I would just picket them with something in case they try to withdraw back to the town.

I am not sure how effective the arty has been on the buildings...very sporadic with lots of buildings to block its effect....but you never know.

I am sure our CO will not send you to latrine duty lol