Beta - HQS 2.1 - Black Sea - Shock Force - Afghanistan

waclaw

1. Put the "sound" in your Data/Z folder. 
2. WATCH OUT! - If you have any sound modules you have to remove folders which mod changes, because sounds have changed names. Don't just copy and paste. If you do it both old and new sounds will remain! 

- There are so many changes that too much to write about them (eg. I added the sound of flak for approaching aircraft )

just have fun;)

this version is almost ready, missing only the optional ambient sounds and noises for the Ukrainian infantry. Soon I will add approximately 50-100 sounds for Ukrainian infantry (radio chatter, etc.) - are mainly in Russian, as we know, many Ukrainians know only Russian language (mostly from the East)
- Optional ambient sounds and vehicles

Please comment, it seems to me that everything is okay, but there's always something can be done badly

I found a bug in the file "voices / ruse" - please delete the file named "russian spot vehicle 11"

missing sounds for 100mm guns

- Sorry for these bugs, but just yesterday I downloaded the game; (
Edited by waclaw

"This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

I come back from work, I might add mods to the site greenasjade

Reiter

I need to check, mods were made to the engine "CMSF" and maybe something did not work properly

and in short - what mods include:
about 2000 sound which is four times more than the basic version of CMBS (a total of 700mb)
- American voice
- Russian voice
- Poland voice
- Replaces all sounds for rifles, guns, ricochets, explosion, motors, vehicles, environments, footsteps, penetration, shell casing, music etc.

I added a lot of effects, eg. a deep breath while crawling, added to the explosions echo shockwaves / debris / ricochets - similar effects is plenty!

- Everything is of the highest quality, it took me about two months of work
Edited by waclaw

"This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

I come back from work, I might add mods to the site greenasjade

Reiter

I need to check, mods were made to the engine "CMSF" and maybe something did not work properly

and in short - what mods include:
about 2000 sound which is four times more than the basic version of CMBS (a total of 700mb)
- American voice
- Russian voice
- Poland voice
- Replaces all sounds for rifles, guns, ricochets, explosion, motors, vehicles, environments, footsteps, penetration, shell casing, music etc.

I added a lot of effects, eg. a deep breath while crawling, added to the explosions echo shockwaves / debris / ricochets - similar effects is plenty!

- Everything is of the highest quality, it took me about two months of work

Sounds great. I'm really looking forward to try your sound mod.

Thanks for the word AKD. When you say 'conflict' what does that mean?

some sounds will be replaced, while others will be mirrored - it is best to simply replace by "copy paste"

I give this example

AKD has marked sounds

"m4 gun 5 0"
"m4 gun 5 1"

I have

"m4 gun 5 0"
"m4 gun 5 1"
"m4 gun 5 2"
"m4 gun 5 3"

when will m4 rifle shots - the game will start my sounds and AKD - will sound terrible

Saferight

thanks a lot - immodestly write that it worked out great;)
Edited by waclaw

Very good sound mod. Gives great immersion. Changed to optional medium backround, because default ambience is too close, for my ears. Many sounds distracted me to believe that explosion came from actual firefight, not from the backround. If default ambience firefight would be little more far, it would be great.

Sounds from fight, in the end there is Rambo with pistol.

Edited by Reiter

Thanks for the word AKD. When you say 'conflict' what does that mean?

To illustrate waclaw's response a little bit more succinctly, if you say, have a brz or folder named "waclaw's Sounds" and one named "akd's sounds", the one that is furthest down the alphabet chain takes precedent. The game reads the folders/ brz files sequentially. So, whatever files waclaw has that are duplicates of akd's will overwrite akd's because "w" (waclaw) is further down the alphabet chain than "a" (akd). If waclaw only has one sound for a 50. cal and akd has three, waclaw's 50. cal will only overwrite the files that have the same exact name. The beauty of CMX2 sounds (at least as far as weapons effects go) is that it isn't an all or nothing deal. If you like all of akd's stuff and all of waclaw's stuff you could just rename all of the files to play together. In the example above he showed the m4 gun 5 0, m4 gun 5 1, well, you could just rename all of them sequentially and use both mods together if you wanted (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.). Or pick the best of each. It's set up to be definable by taste. As an example; my old CMSF sound files are a mix of every single sound mod that was ever released for the title.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

I vaguely understand this black magic wizardry but I am tracking.  Thanks again for the help.

The mods really add a lot to the game.

Another stupid question, are things like the casualty crosses not appearing and buildings not going transparent something that can be modded?

Edited by Imperial Grunt