No RPG_43 and RPG-6 ?

People seem to be complaining about a lack of close range anti-tank capabilities for soviet infrantry. How about the RPG-43 and RPG-6 hand trown anti-tank grenades ? Those are well known ! How come are they not included in the game ? They were available in the time period depicted by RT. I did a search in the forum first to see if it was discussed earlier btw

It would be good to have them tracked in the UI like DCs, PFs and rifle grenades are--especially since Soviet infantry has less hand-carried AT equipment at its disposal than the other major nationalities (kinda' ignoring AT rifles when saying that, since they are only effective vs light armor).

...Soviet infantry has less hand-carried AT equipment at its disposal than the other major nationalities (kinda' ignoring AT rifles when saying that, since they are only effective vs light armor).

To be fair, while the ATRs were unlikely to score K kills against anything but light armor, they were capable of doing enough cumulative or fortuitous damage to score mission kills.

Michael

Thrown grenades are pretty effective when they hit but getting te team into firing (throwing!) position, now there's a challenge. Prefer PIATs (lack of firing signature wins over the more effective bazooka they way I play them (none of this Russian heroic creeping up on tanks for me!)

Although I got a Tiger with only my 3rd or 4th grenade the other day for only 5 of my casualties! And they were ordinary grenades!

Thrown AT weapons (like smoke grenades) is one of those things that tend to get overused in wargames. Close Combat was probably the worst.

Unless there are special circumstances (e.g. built up area, or the enemy does something really stupid) it's pretty much a suicide mission. The casualty rates for Molotov squads were horrific.

Whose smoke mod are you using?

That's an old pic of mine using the Aris smoke mod.

However, these days, I just go with Veins_V3_special_effects_CMx2 for everything. That has great smoke that I like better.

The Aris smoke looks really good for still shots, but can be kinda' canned-looking during actual gameplay. Vein's has a very natural (though less "dirty") look that I prefer.