Commando's - CMX2 - it worked!!!!

The other day someone mentioned something that made me think about creating a scenario of a Commando attack on a small Target.

Now I have tried this before on every game system I have ever played and just have never felt it portrayed it well. Including CMX1

Well, CMX2 can do it and it is doing it better than I thought possible.

My scenario presently has 20 elite GI's on a mission to kill or capture a leader and to access his HQ location to represent retrieving some documents.

He has a light platoon of infantry protecting him with 2 heavy machine guns, the defense has been set up in a 360 perimeter. (50 Men) These are not front line troops and it represents being well back within their own friendly lines.

Anyway, I can get the settings to create a surprise attack. I can get results that seem Hollywood amazing.

First test Only one dead commando, 30 plus wounded of dead Germans, the rest routed and the objective taken.

Second test lost 2 commando's, still killed or wounded 20 plus Germans but the remaining Germans manage to position them selves to defend the objective and the leaders escape. The commando's run low on their limited ammo supply and it turns into a stalemate.

I will be tinkering with it some more but I have never before manage to get a realistic feel event where a surprise attack actually feels natural, really gives the advantage for a moment because only one side is understanding what is going on in the battle (only the GI's are spotting known targets for the first moments of the battle) and because of localized heavy firepower, quickly dominate a larger force enemy.

I am impressed with getting a 30 to 1 and a 10 to one kill ratio and actually feel like it is natural , not a game manipulation.

Great game system, and always getting better.

I messed with it some more, and tweaked it a little. Maybe I will publish it.

Since I have not done that since the CMX1 days.

Yes it is really designed to be played against the AI.

But I did test it in hot seat, but it is a solitaire design and really is made to see how well you can do.

I found if you do not play it right, it can become a bloody mission.

But if executed well. I lose two men generally.

If I do kick it out. I will not have a set up for the Commando's since that is where the mission is won or lost. You will have to find one yourself as to having a good mission plan.

Oh my, it is sooo Real. I need to Buy it. Noooooot:p

Well, it does have:

* Enemies in cover

* Hand grenades

* Prisoners of war being taken away in real-time (not abstracted like in CM)

* Realistic weapon modeling (one hit, one kill)

* Bridges

* RPGs

* Insurgents/rebels/terrorists/freedom fighters based in caves

* Motorcycles

:)