Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Phil, Charles and CMBN/CMFI 3.0

Am I right in reading the Tea Leaves that CMBN/CMFI 3.0 was Phil's work while Charles has been working on Black Sea or does the NDA prohibit answering that? Any way, I know he's been around for a while but I'm glad they hired Phil. Since the CMBN Commonwealth Module we've been getting a release on an average of almost exactly once every 6 months and that doesn't even include the 2.0/3.0 upgrades.

Its more correct to imagine a circus juggling act where the two jugglers toss pins back and forth to each other keeping several in the air at the same time. :D

It appears that largely Charles is into the 'grunt work' of churning out the product while Phil is tasked with tackling items on their looooong wish list. Frame rate improvements, hit decals, fog, snow, movie mode, etc, etc, etc. That's a gross oversimplification though.

Its more correct to imagine a circus juggling act where the two jugglers toss pins back and forth to each other keeping several in the air at the same time. :D

It appears that largely Charles is into the 'grunt work' of churning out the product while Phil is tasked with tackling items on their looooong wish list. Frame rate improvements, hit decals, fog, snow, movie mode, etc, etc, etc. That's a gross oversimplification though.

Yeah you forgot to say they are juggling wolverines that are on fire.

Yeah, it kinda is! ;)

I really don't want to get into a breakdown of what we do internally, but neither the "grunt work" nor the wish list are entirely attributable to one or the other of us. We each have some things we do exclusively, but in general we just split the (fairly enormous) programming burden and try to get stuff done. :)

Am I right in reading the Tea Leaves that CMBN/CMFI 3.0 was Phil's work while Charles has been working on Black Sea or does the NDA prohibit answering that? Any way, I know he's been around for a while but I'm glad they hired Phil. Since the CMBN Commonwealth Module we've been getting a release on an average of almost exactly once every 6 months and that doesn't even include the 2.0/3.0 upgrades.

Thanks. I'm glad they hired me too. :) Best job I've ever had.

Glad to hear it as I am really enjoying 3.0. I even saw a very small grenade (I think) induced fire in some woods today which I did not think was included in the features. Nice touch.

BTW, which one of you is fixing the campaigns?:} Do it right and you could have a new revenue stream to work from......