Campaign Engel Bug after 3.0 Install

• 1 month later...

Have the Pak/AT issue and the "save & reload" fix works fine.  BIGGER problem.  I had the 2 Pz IV, 2 PZ II & the Panther operational at the end of the first batle.  When the second battle started I saw the Pak issue was there again so I saved & reloaded and the Pak was back.  I then noticed that I was missing 2 Pz IV & the Panther (the Pz II were both there).  Anyone have any ideas?

Jyri

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here, my panzer IV's and Panther were missing in the second mission even though they survived the first mission. The pak40 was present in my game, did not have any problems with it

i have the same problem. all my tanks survived the first mission but in the second one i only have my 2x panzer II. does it help to play the first mission again or is there any other solution?

Same issue here with the disappearing Pz IV's & V.  I've even gone back and replayed the last turn of the the first scenario a couple of times to see if that would magically allow the tanks to appear.

The first time I tried to play this campaign after upgrading, the AT gun wasn't there.  I waited a few months before trying the campaign again and the gun showed up.

I've got saves if anyone is interested.  I started this campaign because I've gotten tired of the monster games in CMRT and the fact that I never got through the second Engel scenario due to the issue where MG's would not set up with LOS through bocage...  the size of these campaign scenarios make this an interesting campaign for me;  I'd love to be able to get beyond the second one  :(   

I tried playing this scenario as a "stand alone"; i.e., exploded the campaign and opened it as a scenario.  This time, the Pz IV's and the Panther were there, but the AT gun was nowhere to be found.  The crew and ammo bearers were sitting inside the hano yet the gun was nowhere to be found.  I opened the editor, and the gun was right there where it should be... trailing the 'track, but once again, after loading the scenario, the gun is missing.

The scenario looks interesting, as does the campaign.  At this point, it looks like my options are to play the campaign with  a couple of Lynx, which likely allows a slim chance of winning, or playing the remainder of the campaign as individual scenarios and defeating the entire purpose of the campaign system. 

I suppose the good news is that I'm too old to be mad about stuff I can't change... just gotta change the game I'm playing for a bit. :unsure:

Wow. This isn't good, is it?

If you've got this issue (Engel bug with either gun or tanks not carrying over), AND you have savegames showing the before and after, please PM me. We'll set up comms and, after I get your turns and verify it, send them on to the powers that be.

Thanks,

Ken

Okay, as a bit of a "mea culpa" for my outburst the other night (even at my age, enough vodka can get me, ummmhh... "riled up" :rolleyes: ), I have a planning map to share of the second KG Engel scenario.  Basically, it's a copy of the mission map with contour lines drawn in.  I do this for a number of the larger scenarios I play...

Engel2TopoMap_zps06315dd0.jpg

If you're able to get into the second scenario with all your tanks and the AT gun showing up  ;)  I can drop it into a dropbox account... that is IF I can figure out how to do so...  Send a PM... or, if you're lazy, just right click and "save image as"  :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks.

Any news on a fix / workaround for the vanishing tanks problem?

I'm on Mission 3 (CMBN 3) and my carefully preserved PzIVs and Panther are AWOL. Now I like a challenge as much as the next man, but 2 beat up Lynxs and a pair of Stummels aren't going to be able to do much to dent the Yank horde, even if I get the big cat in one piece...