Small campaigns?

I agree both need to be catered for..it's just as far as the German campaign goes it doesn't cater for those who prefer smaller mission. A mix of size would have been preferable.

Would be cool if we could have four campaigns...a large and small one for each side.

Still I'm sure over time we'll all have plenty to get our teeth into.

At the moment playing as the Germans RT at the moment offers very little for those who like smaller scenarios.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment playing as the Germans RT at the moment offers very little for those who like smaller scenarios.

I cannot deny this. Come June and free time and I might remedy this with something because I really want to get down to the bussiness of scenario making :)

Both have been catered relatively equaly in RT release and it is also naturally up to us players to produce more content as well.

Not in terms of campaigns though. Prior to RT, I could comfortably playthrough any campaign in real time with only modest issue - occasionally I'd have to leave a small portion (less than a quarter) of the force given to me unengaged to keep things manageable - but it was the exception. In CMRT, its the rule for the German campaign, which is somewhat disappointing.

Aye this is true. I have tried to imagine a general idea for a german company+ size campaign. In the end everything I come up with ends up in infantry battalion scale. And it would be simply a fight for survival sort of stuff with huge effort needed for making proper maps while the actual action would also be techicaly challenging to create. Lots of fighting retreat and infiltration through enemy patroled areas etc etc. I can imagine such campaign being made at some point tho.

Hi Scottie,

same to me here! I´m dreaming of dynamic campaigns on one map, where the destruction, the wracks, craters are taken over into the new battle on this map. Where you are fighting the 5th battle for this damnded house on the roadcrossing, wich is a ruin...but still you have to remember how hard you fought for it!:)

i still missing the "original" campaigns in CMBO, CMBB...sigh!

Greetings

John

+++++

Kickstart it and put me down for $1K. By far my biggest disappointment in the CM2 series.

I've pretty much stopped playing because of the battle sizes. The three smallest battles are ok for me while the campaigns are way too big (again, for me).

Partly it's the setup phase: I open a battle and on being confronted by a sea of icons, I mutter 'oh c**p',and hit Control-Q. If the scenarios came with a sensible setup so that I could start immediately, I may be more patient, but spending a heap of time getting everything into position just drains all my enthusiasm.

I've read posts where people report spending hours on the setup phase, but for me it's something that has be done before the interesting stuff happens. Most times I just want to get into the fight.

Graeme

LOL, that describes me precisely. I watch a movie or something and get all fired up to play a game, pick a battle or campaign, see all of the icons randomly distributed around the map and quickly decide I would rather mow the lawn....

Coming soon: CMRT Vorposten!

Allied attack just South of Schlobin (East of Bobruisk), Belorussia 24 June 1944. A small scenario in which you play the Allies vs AI. It depicts an attack by a Soviet Cavalry Company against a German outposts line. The map of this battle measures 784 x 624. This should fit the bill nicely for players that favor small(ish) actions. Smaller even than CMRT Train Spotting. The scenario is being playtested by some of the Beta's and a volunteer on this outer board.

Also, a work in progress: CMRT Gates of Warsaw. Mapsize: 1504 x 2320 (using the wonderful Master Map 1 of the Radzymin area made by Pete Wenman, although modified quite considerably to tailor my needs for this scenario). That is a big map, but... size of the forces involved will be fairly limited. Large map plus limited forces equals lots of space to maneuver. No sinking feeling when looking at the map and seeing a lot of icons randomly distributed around the map that take forever to set up ;) (although some players get a kick out of that, to each their own). Probably comparable to CMRT Firebrigade von Saucken, but with a bigger map. This scenario still needs a lot of work and will not appear for at least a few more weeks. This scenario depicts the events on July 30th 1944, when the XXXIX Panzer Corps launched a counter-offensive. A fight between elements of the 19th Panzer Division and the 103rd Tank Brigade in the area around Zwierzynic (Northeast of Radzymin).

Can't have people not playing Red Thunder; it's just too good :D

Allied attack just South of Schlobin (East of Bobruisk), Belorussia 24 June 1944. ....

Also, a work in progress: CMRT Gates of Warsaw. Mapsize: 1504 x 2320 ....

Looking forward to playing them. Thanks for all your effort.

Allied attack just South of Schlobin (East of Bobruisk), Belorussia 24 June 1944. A small scenario in which you play the Allies vs AI. It depicts an attack by a Soviet Cavalry Company against a German outposts line. The map of this battle measures 784 x 624. This should fit the bill nicely for players that favor small(ish) actions. Smaller even than CMRT Train Spotting. The scenario is being playtested by some of the Beta's and a volunteer on this outer board.

Great news - will be trying this one out when i get home from work.