Small campaigns?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too, would enjoy something in the same vein as Devil's Descent or Cobra's Strike. I wonder if FMB is still around, I haven't seen him in awhile.

Exactly the ones I had in mind when I wrote the question. :) Some really good stuff in those. Had so much fun!

Hi Scottie,

same to me here! I´m dreaming of dynamic campaigns on one map, where the destruction, the wracks, craters are taken over into the new battle on this map. Where you are fighting the 5th battle for this damnded house on the roadcrossing, wich is a ruin...but still you have to remember how hard you fought for it!:)

i still missing the "original" campaigns in CMBO, CMBB...sigh!

Greetings

John

I also strongly prefer the smaller battles and campaigns. I'm curious, was there an outpouring of support for huge battles? Is that why Battlefront created these monster campaigns for RT? All I hear on the forums is folks looking for smaller company sized battles.

I'm curious, was there an outpouring of support for huge battles?

Yeah, actually there was...kind of. It might be an exaggeration to call it an "outpouring", but there was vocal support for big scenarios that was not matched by voices for smaller scenarios. I've been beating the drum for smaller scenarios all along, and although I wasn't entirely alone in that, I didn't feel like I was part of an army either.

Michael

I also strongly prefer the smaller battles and campaigns. I'm curious, was there an outpouring of support for huge battles? Is that why Battlefront created these monster campaigns for RT? All I hear on the forums is folks looking for smaller company sized battles.

AGREE ------------Am on Mission 2 of German campaign--------tooooooo big-----Panzers bunched up ---Halftracks all over place . PLEASE smaller is better--------love the game. Jim

Hear, hear, another vote for small campaigns! I am loving this game but am feeling overwhelmed at the size of the maps. I"m sure I will like the big maps later but I feel I have work up to them.

As one of those Eastern-front-only/CMBB guys, it's great to be back at Battlefront, by the way, and seeing some old familiar names after a very long absence. I see z1812, for instance, we shared quite a few battles back then ...

For those looking for a somewhat smaller sized scenario, but still a sizable battle by any standard, have you tried CMRT Firebrigade von Saucken yet by any chance? Perhaps the size of that scenario fits the bill. It is up in the repository. Give it a shot.

*shameless promotion end here*

For those looking for a somewhat smaller sized scenario, but still a sizable battle by any standard, have you tried CMRT Firebrigade von Saucken yet by any chance? Perhaps the size of that scenario fits the bill. It is up in the repository. Give it a shot.

*shameless promotion end here*

Have it downloaded, but not played it yet. Will if I get time tomorrow though. :)

well i admit i was thinking of larger maps and more open terrain after CMBN. but apparently i failed to predict with the enlargement of the maps, so goes up the unit count. perhaps less unit density is more suited to a modern setting?...

Open terrain should favor a general trend toward lower unit density compared to more closed up terrain.

well i admit i was thinking of larger maps and more open terrain after CMBN. but apparently i failed to predict with the enlargement of the maps, so goes up the unit count. perhaps less unit density is more suited to a modern setting?...

I don't think larger maps necessarily need to have higher unit count. I think larger maps are great, and with lower unit count would provide for some excellent maneuvering and options for the attacker/defender.

Open terrain should favor a general trend toward lower unit density compared to more closed up terrain.

I don't think larger maps necessarily need to have higher unit count. I think larger maps are great, and with lower unit count would provide for some excellent maneuvering and options for the attacker/defender.

agree, it's why i and i believe many liked the german campaign in CMSF.

but maybe the terrain in theater is like that. i mean you can't have a desert campaign for the russian front. at first the open steppe comes to mind, but turns out it's not so either. anyway...

Great. Let me know if you think it is any good. And if the size of that battle hits the sweet spot for you (and others that do not favor mega battles).

Not finished it yet, but so far I'm really enjoying it! Good work!

Great! Hope you manage to open the road. Let me know how it ends. And the size of the map and the forces? Not too big?

So far so good! Not feeling overwhelmed other than through my regular incompetence. We'll see how it goes, but the will probably be a lot of pixel parents in tears back in Germany once this is over...

Good. The size of the German force is company(+), somewhat larger than your preference if I read your first post in this thread. But by introducing the German forces piecemeal, this should not be too big a deal I hope.

I too am sometimes overwhelmed by the really big battles, brilliant though they may be. This scenario is just about the upper limit I prefer. But that is just me.