Red thunder system requirements

Koni

Always when game starts loading scenario it takes almost 5 minutes to get past 30%-60% in loading screen. I have tried minimum settings but it didnt help. Is my PC just underpowered or some windows setting wrong?

Windows 8.1

AMD A-10-6700 3.7GHz

RAM 12gt

I run an SSD with the CMx2 games on it. It still loads fairly slowly.

• 180gb SSD
  • i5 - 3570k
  • 16gb RAM
  • 7850 2 Gbs

But then I also have 30-40 mods so I imagine that this is a major factor in slowness. It gives me time to go upstairs and make myself a cup of coffee.

i got a similar system to yours and if 5mins is correct,i'd say there is something wrong there,shouldnt be taking more than 30-60 secs.

i'd suggest installing on another HD to do a comparison,assuming you have tried different drivers for the vid card?

my installs are on C:drive which is a 256G SSD

before i blew up my Asus Board CMBN/FI would load in seconds,i have a Asrock Mobo now,with similar specs to the asus,but,load times are noticebly slower.

what model motherboard?

But then I also have 30-40 mods so I imagine that this is a major factor in slowness.

I've got a lot of mods too. If I was to repack them into a single .brz file maybe loading would be quicker - anyone tried this? I haven't yet as I'm always adding new mods & tweaking those I've got.

The bigger the physical size of the map the longer the load times because the relations between each individual action square have to be calculated beforehand (which is why we can smoothly play in realtime). If you're selecting 'huge' QB maps or scenarios to play there's a lot of up-front calculation being done. Me, I always get in trouble running other applications in the background. If I have Explorer open in background my system punishes me.

Always when game starts loading scenario it takes almost 5 minutes to get past 30%-60% in loading screen. I have tried minimum settings but it didnt help. Is my PC just underpowered or some windows setting wrong?

Windows 8.1

AMD A-10-6700 3.7GHz

RAM 12gt

Can you be specific about what scenario are you loading?

Mods have surprisingly little effect on load times. A couple of years ago several of us did some tests. Check this out: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103468 posts 12 and 19 for sure.

I think it helps to have your mods "packed up" rather than as just folders in your My Documents/User Data folder.

My gut instinct would be the opposite folders instead of one big file. Sounds like an interesting test. Sadly I don't have time to play mod musical chairs at the moment can you let us know what you find?