Old School On Screen 6 Directional Buttons

HBlake

Battlefront,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the 6 directional on-screen buttons for viewing the field of battle that were in the original CMBO/CMBB/CMAK series. I cannot get comfortable using the system you have in place. I need the on-screen clicking. I refuse to buy a CM game until this happens.

Life must be smoking hot there with lots to do that you'd refuse to buy CM for something like that. I need to move. Things are so dull here I sometimes play CM with all my fingers taped together just to increase the difficulty level and add a degree of friction and confusion to combat.

Getting the tape off is a bitch too.

Battlefront,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the 6 directional on-screen buttons for viewing the field of battle that were in the original CMBO/CMBB/CMAK series. I cannot get comfortable using the system you have in place. I need the on-screen clicking. I refuse to buy a CM game until this happens.

You get used to it and once that happens you'll never want to go back to the CMX1 way. It's all muscle memory. Trust me. The new way is WAY better.

Mord.

Battlefront,

I cannot get comfortable using the system you have in place. I need the on-screen clicking. I refuse to buy a CM game until this happens.

Don't worry, there are trained professionals here to help you. A few hours (minutes?) of practical exercises will have you handling the camera like a vet.

• 4 weeks later...
You get used to it and once that happens you'll never want to go back to the CMX1 way. It's all muscle memory. Trust me. The new way is WAY better.

Mord.

I have tried, believe me, I have tried. But there is a reason I don't play 1st Person Shooters, I have absolutely no button clicking skills. Every time I play the demo, I leave after hitting the wrong button for the millionth time. I can't look at the screen and click buttons-NO SKILL. Looking at the buttons while trying to get the screen where I need it doesn't get it done. I understand this generation has mad button clicking skills, but this old timer doesn't. I have already had to correct about 25 typos on this message. ERRR!