Guys! I found the Möbelwagen!

That's a very interesting image - do you think it's just chance that there is a cluster around the MG or was this targeted specifically (weak point/ puts Mg out of action?) i think I'm right in saying that tankers did try and aim for known weak points.

I'd guess that the MobelWagen appeared at the T-34's (it is a T-34, right? the perspective is a bit confusing) 1 o'clock and put a stripe across the MG ball, and then the tank turned its hull towards the threat and there's the second stripe more along the centreline.

I'd guess that the MobelWagen appeared at the T-34's (it is a T-34, right? the perspective is a bit confusing) 1 o'clock and put a stripe across the MG ball, and then the tank turned its hull towards the threat and there's the second stripe more along the centreline.

Yup. I'm surprised the main gun is still in action.

Yup. I'm surprised the main gun is still in action.

On the three tanks that survived initial contact (My little scouty T-70 didn't stand a chance) not one of them got their main gun knocked out.

One got the coax MG damaged. All three got the radio and optics damaged at first contact.

And every tank backed away almost immediately each time contact was made.

The only one that didn't was the T-34 and that later blew up due to a partial penetration that must have set off the ammo (because that was one big explosion).

The other two tanks (IS-1 and T-34-85) survived the battle and took out all the remaining möbelwagens (total of 16) except for one lucky guy that surrendered right as the last mobile tank found it (IS-1 got immobilised by the 4th last möbelwagen).

It was quite a show!

The T-34-85:

2po6142.jpg

The IS-1:

29eiyvk.jpg