Best money I have spent on a game.

I picked up the big bundle and it was the best 95.00 I spent on a game. Just got done with the 3 tutorial missions and will now try the campaign tutorial. I love the game. And the community is top notch! Thanks again guys for all the help and advice...

I just got the full bundle installed also, finally. But, it says I don't have the Commonwealth module. The game never asked me to activate anything. It just loaded to the main menu, but I can't play the Commonwealth stuff. What did I do wrong?

Antmf - what one is the campaign tutorial? I see the Devon Basic Training and Task Force Raff are the two tutorials. Is there another campaign tutorial?

I just got the full bundle installed also, finally. But, it says I don't have the Commonwealth module. The game never asked me to activate anything. It just loaded to the main menu, but I can't play the Commonwealth stuff. What did I do wrong?

Antmf - what one is the campaign tutorial? I see the Devon Basic Training and Task Force Raff are the two tutorials. Is there another campaign tutorial?

Task force Raff is the campaign tutorial. The other ones are just basic tutorials. I don't know what you did wrong but I installed it exactly as the directions stated and it worked fine. I go to battles and can play any of the CW or MG games. After you installed it where did you launch it from? I had like 3 different launch icons. Did you?

Yeah, I had two launch CMBN icons, and an Activate icon. I clicked on the activate one, and it took me to the game main menu. The other two icons did the same, so I just kept one launch icon and deleted the others.

Did the game ask you to activate anything at all? Mine did not. I never had to activate anything. Strange.

Antmf - where did you install your game? I installed mine to C:\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle For Normandy

I don't like installing games to my User folder as the game defaults to. I wonder if that is the problem. I'm not installing to C:\Program Files, but to the root of C:\Battlefront.

Antmf - where did you install your game? I installed mine to C:\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle For Normandy

I don't like installing games to my User folder as the game defaults to. I wonder if that is the problem. I'm not installing to C:\Program Files, but to the root of C:\Battlefront.

That shouldn't be a problem - my install is also in C:\Battlefront\Combat Mission etc.

for the same reason.

Can only recommend you go over carefully the order in which you installed - but I've bought my modules as and when, so I know nothing about the Full Bundle install method.

Others who are more knowledgeable should be around soon enough.

O/T

Ah, you take me back in time with that reference, FroBodine. I lived a few miles from the murder scene which I visited the day after the event. The sidewalk in from of Nicole's place was drenched in blood and cordoned off- an horrific tableau. Cops everywhere.

My b-in-law used to play tennis with OJ's partner in crime, Al Cowlings, in Malibu. By coincidence I ran into Al, a massive former NFL receiver, at a local supermarket a few days after the Bronco chase ended. We chatted for a few minutes. I couldn't bring myself to question him about his friend's guilt or innocence. We ended up shaking hands. I remember my hand disappearing into his mammoth grip.

Holy cow! That is pretty incredible, Childress! It's pretty funny that everyone talks about OJ like he is guilty, when he was found innocent. Yeah, right.

You live in the wealthy Brentwood. I live in the po' folk farming village Brentwood in the San Francisco Bay Area, which has grown significantly, but there is still farming all around. What a trip that you spoke with Al Cowlings!

Anyway, back on topic . . .

Holy cow! That is pretty incredible, Childress! It's pretty funny that everyone talks about OJ like he is guilty, when he was found innocent. Yeah, right.

I've met people who knew OJ. They universally describe him as charming and charismatic. He preferred hanging around with white folks, a source of friction among some Blacks. Cowlings was a rare exception. He's also, reportedly, a neat freak.

You live in the wealthy Brentwood.

I wish! Try middle-class Culver City.

Thought I was going exclusively RT but BN is such a fine (as is) game I look forward to updating it to 3.0 and many more hours of WF goodness.

That's how I feel too. I'm really impressed with RT. Yet I know that finding time to play a 3rd front (already owning all 3 BN and both FI modules) will just spread me too thin. CMBN also has a host of scenario's in the repository and at GAJ. Many I have yet to play. Plus 3.0 will likely change dynamics enough that I'll want to re-play many scenarios again just to see how they change. Not to mention a desire to play H2H as well when I master the game well enough and my job travel draws down.

Kudos to all the Ostfront fans. Someday I hope to be one too; just not in the foreseeable future. RT is on my bucket list for sure but retirement is still a longs ways off though . . . .

Question - what is the best campaign to play first as a newbie, after the two training campaigns? I downloaded Devil's Descent, and I hear that is a VERY GOOD one to play.

But, what standard campaign that ships with CMBN, Commonwealth or Market Garden should newbie play first?

I let it install in the default folder, and did not have any problems.

I agree the game gives a lot of play for the buck. I find it takes me about a year to get through all the single play a CM game comes with stock. This does not include extra player made scenarios, and the endless PBEM games one can play.

I also agree this is a good community with lots of nice people in it I can enjoy being able to share the hobby with.

Yes, when you get addicted and no longer feel the need to buy any other games except the CM series, you will be saving big bucks (and be begging BF to increase their price!). :)

yes I got the same feeling I cant believe I choose a combat mission title "CMBN market garden" to Rome II and waiting for Red tunder

yes I got the same feeling I cant believe I choose a combat mission title "CMBN market garden" to Rome II and waiting for Red tunder

You were lucky to have avoided the turkey that is Rome II :(

Sad to see a franchise die on the altar of "dumbing down".