Superb WW2 Models

simmox

simmox,

Puts whatever model building skills I once had (Tamiya tanks when they had motors) to shame. Impressive water effects on the fording T-34/85. It's okay to admit the snow suited gal on the tank warmed you a bit, but because it's Material Clasificado (Classified Material), you're not supposed to see it. Have just notified Security!

Regards,

John Kettler

I can tell you BFC managed to kill off my own 30+ year modeling hobby. Why spend months inhaling modeling glue fumes working on a single 50 dollar kit when you've got the entire German army to 'virtually' paint and mod with just a click of the mouse! :D

I haven't got modding skills, but I built a lot of models before 2000 and not a one since CMBO, either.

Wonderful stuff! Thanks for posting the link, simmox.

I only painted a few kits as a kid (though I bought about 3-4 times as many and glued them together). However, I spent many an hour drooling at the Tamiya kits.

Yep...the Avalon Hill and Tamiya aisles at the local hobby shop were hallowed ground to me.

And, in CM, we get an improved ASL in 3D, along with vehicles that look very much like the great Tamiya kits of old.

The best of both worlds--though I sometimes feel a bit sad for the originals.

The faces of troops are amazing. I especially likes the train pic. Always wondered why there has never been a WW2-era trainset kit. Can't be any more groggy than CM, and who doesn't like trains?

Half a dozen years or more someone posted on Axis History Forum a lavish set of pics of a train setup that was absolutely incredible. I think it might have been in 1/24 scale or even bigger, so the guy could pack in an amazing amount of detail. Then he set them up and photographed them in such a way that you'd swear you were looking at the real thing.

Michael

yes ,mike

ive seen the train station diorama before,it was/is incredible.

the amount of models in it was astonishing.

i'll see if i can dig it up again.

my favourite in the posted site,is the Jagdpanzer IV with the real foilage background,i had to look twice as it looked almost like the real thing ,crew and all.

anyway,ive just ordered a harder and steenbeck airbrush from europe,far to expensive to buy here in oz,base price is 500 bucks,half that from germany,including postage.

ive had a few other airbrushes,but,the time has come to go for some quality tools.

a friend of mine,who lurks around the forums here,is the local rep for vallejo paints,so im in the good books,and get em at cost.

best paints ive used so far.

it appears the site that had that massive 1/6th scale train and german column is no longer around,a real shame

i could only find a couple of pictures that dont do it justice on google search

onesixthcollectors.co.uk or something doesnt seem to exist anymore.

I remember that train diorama. The train models were huge - the troops were GI JOE size, and hundreds of em. Must have cost tens of thousands (but who is counting?).

Yeah, BFC really need to charge us a LOT more for all the money they have saved us in other games and models we no longer need to buy. :)

It reminds me of me growing up building scale model mainly made by Tamiya. The store I bought the kit from would have all kinds of individual vehicles and dioramas on display. The details were incredible, the weather effect, the paint job, the weld seams of a tank, the badges and insignia of uniforms and the soldiers' facial expression, skin tone etc. They are mostly 1/35 scale. If those models shown are smaller scale and yet contains so much fine details, that would be truly amazing.

The store I bought the kit from would have all kinds of individual vehicles and dioramas on display.

That wouldn't by odd chance be the huge hobby shop in Mountainview, CA, now would it? That place was fantastic and I have missed it nearly every day since I moved out of that area.

Michael