More realistic gameplay in Singleplayer ?

Wiggum

Agree re the MG's now, But, I feel that HE blast effects of arty and CAS has been toned down too much. eg: I see 10 meter craters from 250 and 500 pound bombs a few meters away from an enemy, and they seem relatively unharmed and recover and fight quite quickly.

Ditto for arty. You would think that 10-15 81mm mortar rounds on an ATG in a foxhole would kill it, but the ATG is often quite unfazed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand your point.

You can either choose to spend your available gaming hours playing against the AI or against a human opponent.

I do both, but I would say 80% of my CM time is against human opponents.

Why bother playing the AI when you can play against an opponent that is much less predictable? The AI does ok on defend, is barely passable in meeting engagements, and is pathetic on attack.

I agree with this post, i have limited time to game as well and play the AI and PBEM using H2H and I have to admit that the PBEM games are more challenging, tense and fun than the AI. I would never fault anyone from just playing the AI but you should try PBEM just to see if it fits in your lifestyle. I amin 3 clubs and play people in all of them.

Congratulations on not being a new player. :rolleyes:

If you play it hard core and are on the attack, the AI will be reasonably entertaining. I didn't say it would be challenging, I said if you want any kind of challenge.

Not sure how you are defining challenging or entertaining, but I have played many a scenario that are both. And no I don't play hard core (I am assuming you are referring to some superimposed player defined rules).

It is for sure not the same as playing against another human, but that doesn't mean it can't be a challenge. For sure the AI is much better in a defensive role, but I have also played a few very well designed ones with a decent AI attack. Those however take someone who really knows how to build an AI attack plan.

Agree re the MG's now, But, I feel that HE blast effects of arty and CAS has been toned down too much. eg: I see 10 meter craters from 250 and 500 pound bombs a few meters away from an enemy, and they seem relatively unharmed and recover and fight quite quickly.

Ditto for arty. You would think that 10-15 81mm mortar rounds on an ATG in a foxhole would kill it, but the ATG is often quite unfazed.

Maybe the lethality is about right but clearly not the supression effects.

blasting a building with 3 or 4 HE from a tank and seconds later they keep shooting from that position on your infantry. Artillery was so effectiv in disrupting enemy attacks by supressing, wounding and breaking the spirit of the attacking enemy.