Any maps of real terrain in RT?

Sequoia

I know there's no location as famous in the west as Nijmegen or Arnhem but I thought I'd ask.

Steve has said that there are two main maps, Eastern Europe and Poland. There will be 3 campaigns.

1. Training

2. German campaign which will focus on one of the only successful German counterattacks during Operation Bagration

3. Russian campaign obviously covering a sector of the operation.

2. German campaign which will focus on one of the only successful German counterattacks during Operation Bagration

The German campaign uses a large (like, 5.5 x 5.5 km or so, I don't remember the exact number but it's around that large!) master map made by the esteemed Pete Wenman, who also made one of the master maps for Market Garden.

The location is around Radzymin, Poland. Just northeast of Warsaw.

Ben, this is not a module. Just wanted to clarify that this is a stand-a-lone game and will have modules based off of this game.

And also some of the guys who make these maps probably are headed to divorce court because it must take them a gabillion years to get them just right.

Also ask Sergei to update his scenario he made called Battle Royale for one of the builds. I think it's one of the most fun scenarios I have played while testing a game here.

Just to chime in here... Ben and Pete's work for Red Thunder is every bit as jaw dropping as what they did for Market Garden. Pete's is one huge map chopped up into smaller ones for the campaign battles. Ben's is a series of very large maps which are, in turn, chopped into smaller ones. The latter was necessary because the Soviets penetrated about 15km over the course of the campaign, and there's just no way he could make one map that size. Though I'm sure he'd be happy to try ;)

ChrisND already said what Pete's map is all about, so a word about Ben's. He's done a series of maps which detail 1st Guards Rifle Division's breakthrough in the Orsha operation. The maps stretch from the starting line of Sukhodrovka River to Dnepr northwest of Orekhovsk.

Steve

Just to chime in here... Ben and Pete's work for Red Thunder is every bit as jaw dropping as what they did for Market Garden. Pete's is one huge map chopped up into smaller ones for the campaign battles. Ben's is a series of very large maps which are, in turn, chopped into smaller ones. The latter was necessary because the Soviets penetrated about 15km over the course of the campaign, and there's just no way he could make one map that size. Though I'm sure he'd be happy to try ;)

ChrisND already said what Pete's map is all about, so a word about Ben's. He's done a series of maps which detail 1st Guards Rifle Division's breakthrough in the Orsha operation. The maps stretch from the starting line of Sukhodrovka River to Dnepr northwest of Orekhovsk.

Steve

Can you tell us more about this Soviet campaign?

I'd be interested to know more about the actions it covers and where they happen.

What about it would make it distinctive and fun to play?