Congrats BF, but time to get serious about your future

sburke

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The year: 2114

The USA no longer even pretends to be a democracy. There are three castes, the superwealthy ruling elite, the military caste, who are selected at birth from the healthiest infants and spend the rest of their lives training and fighting, and the Proletariat, who are not allowed to own land but, in exchange for working, are given government food, shelter, and minimal medical care.

The ruling elite decide to embark on an expansion program, because our natural resources are running low and we need more workers. They start their expansion program in the easiest direction, south. By this time Mexico is simply a puppet government ruled by powerful drug cartels.

COMBAT MISSION: Operation Burrito

Of course, weapons technology has continued to advance. Gunpowder based weapons have been largely replaced by gaussian technology, and the air force is mostly unmanned drones with artificial intelligence or piloted remotely.

Within two weeks Mexico is part of the USA and the elite turn their gaze northward.

COMBAT MISSION: Operation Eh

Take it from here, guys.

The year: 2114

The USA no longer even pretends to be a democracy. There are three castes, the superwealthy ruling elite, the military caste, who are selected at birth from the healthiest infants and spend the rest of their lives training and fighting, and the Proletariat, who are not allowed to own land but, in exchange for working, are given government food, shelter, and minimal medical care.

oh wait, you said 2114, I thought you were describing 2014. :P

Reading this thread I see Weed has made it out of the legal states to sell and smoke it in.

All I am going to say "ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN"

and if they tried most of these suggestions, it would be a loss to them and possible the loss of the company. Face it, they must stay in conflicts were they make enough sells.

You forget that most of you here are grogs and that makes you nuts, I am sure that a major portion of their sells are going to people we never hear of or see a post of and they have no interest in hardly any of these conflicts. But for the company to make money they sure do need sells from them. So they will continue to pick topics that appeal to large mass of generally interested people that are not the dedicated wargamer's as most of you are

Reading this thread I see Weed has made it out of the legal states to sell and smoke it in.

All I am going to say "ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN"

and if they tried most of these suggestions, it would be a loss to them and possible the loss of the company. Face it, they must stay in conflicts were they make enough sells.

You forget that most of you here are grogs and that makes you nuts, I am sure that a major portion of their sells are going to people we never hear of or see a post of and they have no interest in hardly any of these conflicts. But for the company to make money they sure do need sells from them. So they will continue to pick topics that appeal to large mass of generally interested people that are not the dedicated wargamer's as most of you are

but just what are those? :confused: According to BF, their experience is Western Front is the biggest seller, followed by Eastern Front (at least as far as I recall) so when those are done, what next? Combat Mission:Star Wars? Combat Mission:Angry Birds?

and I think weed has been available in all 50 states for oooohh quite some time.

You could be correct. CM:VN may never happen. Fair enough.

I am sure that Battlefront will make their best evaluation and invest their resources where they will make a profit. They have a solid track record so far. Nothing posted on the forum (by grogs or casual players) will sway Battlefront to take a loss business to make a sunny day for folks who would like CM:VN

For many it is the quality of the game experience not just what the animations appear to represent. I am a very casual player with a general interest in broad timeline of military history, a keen interest in computer war gaming that is FUN. So far I think I own every CM game from CMBO to CMRT (very soon).

CM:VN "weed..." would be a "flavor object" .. along with Water Buffalos & Fire ;)

All I can say is that we wish we had more time/money to make more games and to make them faster. Yes, some of the ideas here are commercially unviable, but some are on our own personal wish list. We're definitely increasing the amount of stuff we can do at one time and speeding it up as well. Unfortunately time/money are limited and the costs of making these games is not like the old days. If any of you guys remember games like Sands of Fire and Sub Hunter, those games were done by one guy in a couple of months each. Yup, those days are looooooong gone.

Steve

Space Lobsters: The alien invasion genre is wide open for serious tactical simulation.

And if we were blessed with CM: Space Lobsters x3.0 I would bet that Ken would .... Attack! :D

Steve, "...some of the ideas here are commercially unviable, but some are on our own personal wish list...." and you guys have a solid track record on picking the commercially viable products that IMO satisfy the fun factor... giving the players of different interest levels enough user control and challenge with enough in simulation reward - FUN - to tailor their gaming needs as they get more groggy or simply want to romp on the battlefield with XYZ weapons system / units.

Buzz... "So far I think I own every CM game from CMBO to CMRT (very soon)." I realized I did not buy CM Afghanistan. Tried the demo and was enjoying CMSF more so skipped that title but have everything else.

CM:VN... Yeah could be a lot of fun but even if it does not happen I have plenty interesting CM gaming on tap for the future.

All I can say is that we wish we had more time/money to make more games and to make them faster. Yes, some of the ideas here are commercially unviable, but some are on our own personal wish list. We're definitely increasing the amount of stuff we can do at one time and speeding it up as well. Unfortunately time/money are limited and the costs of making these games is not like the old days. If any of you guys remember games like Sands of Fire and Sub Hunter, those games were done by one guy in a couple of months each. Yup, those days are looooooong gone.

Steve

Oh of course, my comment for BF: Yom Kippur War would more than likely sell only one copy, to me.

But as you said, it is still on my personal list!