What are people playing these days?

First off, thanks everyone for the feedback in regards to my initial thread "Thinking of returning to the CM series." It sounds like everyone still has the love of the game, here.

I've been doing more forum browsing the past couple of days, and I'm wondering, what is everyone playing, these days?

When I was playing CM1, my favorite was PBEM double-blind scenarios. Are people still PBEMing? I ask because the Opponent Finder forum is totally blank!

If I am a double-blind PBEMer, will I be able to find a game?

I am playing one of the games within the game—modding CMFI right now.

As far as when I really play the game, I'd say 90% of my games have been PBEM (which have been mostly QBs).

Mord.

And CMx2 games aren't really well suited for file transfers as mail attachments. Because files are much larger than in CMx1.

Most active players use Dropbox instead. And almost as many H2HH utility to automate this file copying between Dropbox and CM's Input/Output folders.

I haven't run into any problems yet with file transfers being too large, but maybe I'm just playing smaller scenarios.

What I don't like about using Dropbox is that it tends to stifle email interaction between opponents. There's much more back and forth from each opponent when you're forced to send the file through email.

I haven't run into any problems yet with file transfers being too large, but maybe I'm just playing smaller scenarios.

What I don't like about using Dropbox is that it tends to stifle email interaction between opponents. There's much more back and forth from each opponent when you're forced to send the file through email.

An in game chat window is the cure for that.

I don't use H2HHelper but IIRC there is a message capability there.

When I was playing CM1, my favorite was PBEM double-blind scenarios. Are people still PBEMing? I ask because the Opponent Finder forum is totally blank!

If I am a double-blind PBEMer, will I be able to find a game?

My favorite way to play as well. My self and several others on this list play on the ladder at the blitz. Over there I am "A Canadian Cat" hope to see you there if you join up.

Ian