Bug with Bazookas and Jeeps

LukeFF

Didn't check this in CMBN, but I imagine the problem is there as well:

The bazooka clips through the floor of the Jeep and onto the ground when it's being carried by a soldier. (I also checked the Panzerschreck and Kubelwagens, but there's no problem there).

CMFortressItaly2013-12-0800-43-07-27_zps55d1f175.jpg

Looks like the alternative is to have it sticking up 3ft above the soldiers' heads. How should a bazooka be carried in such a small vehicle?

As womble said, or just simply not render it while riding in the jeep. That's what's done with the Panzerschreck and the Kubelwagen.

I'd guess at having one end of the choob stuck in the footwell, by the front seat passenger's right boot, the choob "slope arms" over the right shoulder. Probably "business end" up.

What the heck is a choob? Is it something of a chubby tube? :)

The M-1 Rocket Launcher or "Bazooka" used by American forces in WW2, was about 1.35m long or 54 inches. The average American soldier in Europe was probably somewhere around 69-70 inches tall. So sitting down in a jeep with a 54 inch tube in your lap would be rather uncomfortable, I think. More likely the tubes were packed in between the seats somewhere.

The way they are rendered in CM is odd.

The M-1 Rocket Launcher or "Bazooka" used by American forces in WW2, was about 1.35m long or 54 inches. The average American soldier in Europe was probably somewhere around 69-70 inches tall. So sitting down in a jeep with a 54 inch tube in your lap would be rather uncomfortable, I think. More likely the tubes were packed in between the seats somewhere.

The M9 version disassembled into two parts to make it easier to carry and pack. I suppose that feature might have been retained in the M9A1, but don't know for sure yet.

Michael

Tux and Kwazydog,

If you look at the second segment of this Russian documentary of the Battle of Berlin, at 8:00 you'll see recon troops in amphibious jeeps emerging on the far side of the Oder. There, you can clearly see bazooka equipped Russian soldiers emerging with the bazooka oriented fore and aft, either on or slightly off the shoulder. Am going to take a flyer here and hope that Moon treats LiveLeak the same way as YouTube!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7be_1354504177

Progress! There's a pic on flickr (The World's Best photos of the Bazooka and wwii--Hivemind) of a 607th TD Bn Recon. Co. Jeep. There, it's across the hood, right up against the windshield of the jeep. It extends a few inches on either side of the windshield but doesn't come close to matching the width of the jeep at the outside of the fenders.

And now for something truly different--a jeep with a Yankee ingenuity bazooka mount. No, I don't mean that two-barreled job in the improvised armored jeep!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John Kettler

I don't imagine it got disassembled when combat was imminent much...

If they are cruising around in a jeep, they probably wouldn't be viewing combat as all that imminent, but of course that is all relative. I'm confident that in war that big all the possibilities got played out sooner or later.

Michael

If they are cruising around in a jeep, they probably wouldn't be viewing combat as all that imminent, but of course that is all relative.

I reckon anyone present on any CM map would be expecting to be involved in some sort of contention with the enemy, some indeterminate time within the next 4 hours.