Counterattack at Son - after 2.11 patch

Hello

Was good that I have been able to resume my PBEM of this scenario now that the patch has fixed the reload on the Sdkfz 251/21.

However I have noticed that there is something odd about the way vehicles now cross the Dommel River bridge. They kind of top, stutter, disappear then reappear/warp in a slightly different position as they enter and exit the bridge.

Not sure who made the map but maybe it (the terrain around the bridge mainly) may need updating.

Bull

OK, I just saw enough oddity to post again, this time with video.

A Panther tries to cross the bridge, it jerks and stutters as described above, but this time also sinks/dives in to the bridge as per screen shot.

b4w7.png

Video of it here. (using a new host, let me know if this link works)

Seems the vehicle pathfinding across this bridge is worse since the patch on this map, but I though the patch was meant to improve the pathfinding for vehicles crossing bridges. This is why I think maybe the map needs to be edited/fixed.

Did it get stuck, or was it just a hiccup in the movement animation?

The patch did indeed address a specifc issue that had caused some bridges to become totally unusable. That issue may or may not have any relation to the less than optimal pathfinding seen on bridges on this map.

It seems to be just a hiccup, but all vehicles trying to cross that bridge have done the same kind of thing. From a gameplay point of view, it at least takes them much longer to cross than before the patch (this PBEM was upgraded to 2.11).

I have an Nvida card so no ATI left click-compatibility.

can you please upload the save game somewhere?

Yes I can. I can send it and the password privately via PM. Who should I send it to?

Bull

Was good that I have been able to resume my PBEM of this scenario now that the patch has fixed the reload on the Sdkfz 251/21.

Ah, that explains it. Part of the bug is baked into save/PBEM games. So yeah, what you're seeing isn't surprising at all. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it.

If this was a fresh, post v2.11 game... then that would be something of concern.

Steve

Ah, that explains it. Part of the bug is baked into save/PBEM games. So yeah, what you're seeing isn't surprising at all. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it.

If this was a fresh, post v2.11 game... then that would be something of concern.

Steve

Steve are you saying that this anamoly is caused by something in the save turn process of an upgraded PBEM game , and would not occur in a brand new PBEM game played after upgrading to 2.11?

Yup. USUALLY terrain and pathing related bugs can be fixed "on the fly", but sometimes CM writes things into a save/PBEM that cause problems. When that happens all we can do is fix the cause of the problem going forward. Which means freshly started games (battles, campaigns, QBs) won't have a problem, but ones started in the previous version/s will still have problems.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Seems a similar kind of bug has occurred again in that same PBEM.

This time it happened at the "Bailey's bridge" and has prevented my halftrack from crossing the other side to seize the final objective.

Video here.

I know this PBEM can't be fixed but still interesting to see how bugged it was.

This has been reported already. Jeeps can cross that bridge but apparently very little else can cross it.