Snowstorm - disable GFX?

GJR144

To be fair to all concerned I must chime in and say that some of what GJR144 is true in respect to some of the comments made by long time members of this forum.

GJR144 doesn't have much of a track record...and if you want no better example, just look at his replies to Alex. Now you can add "paranoid" to his growing list of positive character traits.

But that being said I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...anyone can have a bad day...or bad thread. LOL. Pretty diplomatic coming from a vile, disgusting, payed BFC liar, huh?

Mord.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to feel the same way about night battles. On my machines they always seemed too dark to play in a lit room because I could barely make out where my soldiers were - the added eye strain was not very enjoyable. At the time I felt the environment should affect the game pieces and not the player and I still pretty much think that should be the status quo. This is why I am happy with fog effects the way they are now while others want "thicker" graphical representation of fog. So, I can definitely understand why I might want a snow toggle at some point (I say might because I haven't played in the snow yet).

As one who has a computer capable of playing the game on higher resolutions I seldom take into consideration what people playing on lesser machines face. I've seen one of my friends play on his laptop and I am trying to convince him to find a way to upgrade because I know he will discover a whole new game if he does.

When the company itself uses ad hominem attacks why should long term forum members be any different...

You dare to complain about ad hominem attacks after calling others idiots and various other uncomplimentary things? I gotta hand it to you for one thing: you sure have a lot of gall. Breathtaking even.

Michael

GJR144 doesn't have much of a track record...and if you want no better example, just look at his replies to Alex. Now you can add "paranoid" to his growing list of positive character traits.

But that being said I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...anyone can have a bad day...or bad thread. LOL. Pretty diplomatic coming from a vile, disgusting, payed BFC liar, huh?

Mord.

And you were doing so well until the last sentence.

All emotions aside, a toggle for snow would be handy.

Sure, "it's snowing so you see snow". But at the same time the landscape has trees. You can toggle them 3 ways: full, partial, or none. Light casts shadows, you can toggle those too... toggling a visual environmental effect or feature is not without precedent.

What I find super frustrating with people like GJR144 is that they often DO have a good point or suggestion to make. A snow toggle is a *FINE* suggestion to make. It's absolutely a good suggestion. But when someone chooses, I mean CHOOSES, to do so abusively and with a huge amount of attitude... well, it matters. Such has been evident in almost all of GJR144's posts. Not just this one. He put himself up on the cross before I even responded! Stuff about us never listening to people, not caring about what they think, etc.

What really pisses me off is when someone posts an OPINION and then gets all huffy and self righteous when someone disagrees. If you can not accept that someone might not agree with your opinion, don't post. Because from my perspective I need to see counter discussion in order to help figure out pros/cons of decisions I make. Having a little private club where only one opinion can be expressed is absolutely no use.

It's pretty clear, after more than a dozen years of doing this, that sometimes people come onto this forum WANTING to fight. Because it's their way of dealing with others. That's not the way it is done here.

I correct the person for starters, issue a warning if it continues, then (as a last resort) point out the person's failings in detail hoping to shame them into behaving. Then it's flip the switch and ban them if it doesn't work. People who post politely, even if strongly, NEVER get to even step one. Nidan1 is a perfect example. Did he get frustrated? Yes. But he didn't cross the line of civility. Huge difference between him and GJR144.

And it certainly didn't help people's patience that he is a neo-Nazi. The fact that he wasn't banned prior to this thread just shows how far backwards I bend to keep people posting here.

Steve