Urban Bone

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd contend that it's the player's job to make sure that two of those factors do not need to be "considered" by the AI.

I thought warrenpeace was referring to troops controlled by the AI side. If not, I will as it seems a worthwhile question to consider. How would AI controlled troops resolve all those issues? Or are they simply not going to fire portable AT weapons from buildings?

Michael

I thought warrenpeace was referring to troops controlled by the AI side. If not, I will as it seems a worthwhile question to consider. How would AI controlled troops resolve all those issues? Or are they simply not going to fire portable AT weapons from buildings?

Michael

It's a good point, but if the scenario designer isn't addressing these issues in the AI setup (so all QBs vs the AI, really), the AI is going to be suffering a serious handicap in urban combat, since it never splits squads anyway, so organic AT assets will get spotted sooner, suppressed faster and probably never get a chance to get a shot away.

Interested to know...

If you are building a town map for version 2.1 (current version) then comes along CM:BN MG, you upgrade, add some new buildings along with the old, will the map still be good and the building visible for the 2.1 (current version).

Reason asked is for tournament games where not everybody will upgrade.

So feature #6 should satisfy the crowd that thinks buttoned tanks in general spot to easily.I am proud card carrying memeber of that crowd.

Absolutely ... :)

I can't speak for anything except the Sherman, however, buttoned down you can't see Sh$$ .... ;)

We used to engage with the cupola hatch "cracked" open enough to stick a set of binos through the opening slot to be able to spot much of anything...

Regards,

Doug

3. All types or rocket based AT weapons can be fired from within buildings given certain conditions and certain caveats. Those conditions and caveats are as you expect... the bigger the bang, the more confined the space, the more potential problems. Problems = suppression and/or injury.

Defintely the best of the bunch. Adds a whole 'nother strategic layer to the game. Or should I say, it puts back what used to be there in the days of CMBB.