Pre-Order Request

Okay i wasn't going to ask for this but why not.Any chance of just getting a 'download only' option for pre-ordering.This will mainly be for us European customers of course.Due to the usual Import tax BS by our respective governments the price of the game can double if we have to have the disc sent by mail.

Now i'm usually quite happy to wait for the game to become available by the normal timeline so it's not a serious issue with me.Surely though it would be good for BF and customers alike,if we had the option for a 'download only' pre-order.I'm sure i had the option to 'download only' way back with 'Shockforce' when it first came out.I could be wrong there of course.

Anyway,this is just a simple request,not a complaint.I'll be purchasing come what may,regardless.

And on a side note.Hurry up with the module will you :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay i wasn't going to ask for this but why not.Any chance of just getting a 'download only' option for pre-ordering.This will mainly be for us European customers of course.Due to the usual Import tax BS by our respective governments the price of the game can double if we have to have the disc sent by mail.

Now i'm usually quite happy to wait for the game to become available by the normal timeline so it's not a serious issue with me.Surely though it would be good for BF and customers alike,if we had the option for a 'download only' pre-order.I'm sure i had the option to 'download only' way back with 'Shockforce' when it first came out.I could be wrong there of course.

Anyway,this is just a simple request,not a complaint.I'll be purchasing come what may,regardless.

And on a side note.Hurry up with the module will you :D

I would second this but it is not a big issue for me. As for hurrying up, I wonder if the beta test AARs experiences mean that there may be a delay now before launch.

I am putting together a Hill 112 scenario which I want to get out before MG!

What would be the point of pre-ordering the DL only version? Seriously, i mean, the purpose of pre-ordering the mail delivered version is clear: this way you can have it as soon as its released and dont have to wait more than necessary. But the download version? You can just buy it on the day its released and then DL it within 5 mins.

What would be the point of pre-ordering the DL only version? Seriously, i mean, the purpose of pre-ordering the mail delivered version is clear: this way you can have it as soon as its released and dont have to wait more than necessary. But the download version? You can just buy it on the day its released and then DL it within 5 mins.

I see you completely missed the point :rolleyes:

Most games today you can pre-order for a digital release without perks attached.BF simply don't.

Pre-ordering to get the disc isn't worth it outside of the States.It takes weeks to arrive and you end up paying through the nose for the privilage.

Why pre-order?I see a preview of a game i fancy owning,i'll buy it upfront.I know what i'm getting with CM so usually a preview isn't needed.I might not have the money in future or could be out of work(like now.money set aside already for MG).Good for me and few bucks into BFs coffers before the release.

And as i said,i can wait for the release no problem.It would be nice to have the option of a pre-order.You can with nearly all other digital release franchises.Why not this one.

Except that BF allow people who pre-order to download the game early - usually 24 hours before the official announced release date. SO to get the early access, you have to order the physical disk if you don't want it (and in the UK, probably get slapped with a £20 import tax on top of the price of the game for good measure).

Most games today you can pre-order for a digital release without perks attached.BF simply don't.

Pre-ordering to get the disc isn't worth it outside of the States.It takes weeks to arrive and you end up paying through the nose for the privilage.

Why pre-order?I see a preview of a game i fancy owning,i'll buy it upfront.I know what i'm getting with CM so usually a preview isn't needed.I might not have the money in future or could be out of work(like now.money set aside already for MG).Good for me and few bucks into BFs coffers before the release.

And as i said,i can wait for the release no problem.It would be nice to have the option of a pre-order.You can with nearly all other digital release franchises.Why not this one.

I am with you on this Brindlewolf. it's like a double penalty for those outside the US.

I would love a physical copy but i just will not pay the extra VAT anymore. I will survive the 24hrs obviously but it does seem a bit unfair.

I will survive the 24hrs obviously but it does seem a bit unfair.

Yep that has always been my point. And BTW 24hr wait is the way things have gone lately and it was longer than that with CMBN (I forget how long but more than a day). And BFC have not really set a policy on how long the delay is so we don't really know how long the delay is. And before someone says but the delay is a reward for those us us who pre-order, let me make it clear: I would like to be one of you, I have money I would spend, I want to pre-order.

Not really knowing what I'm talking about, but I believe pre-order isn't just a favor to you, it's used by game makers to gauge the public's interest in an item and estimate amount of hard goods to order before the release. Except its becoming an increasingly unreliable indicator. I understand BFC was caught a bit off guard by the great success of CMFI, their estimates of player interest based on preorders was off, giving them a rather large (happy) surprise.

So, if at some future date they do change their preorder policies they'd probably do it as a refined survey tool to better estimate player interest. Making you happy would just be a side benefit. :)

Hmm, well, i still believe that having the option to pre-order a DL only version is not really necessary. The drawback of not having it is minimal for both parties involved (customers & BFC). The advantage of having it would also be minimal for both. It is up BFC to decide if letting people pre-order a DL version is worth the effort.

Hmm, well, i still believe that having the option to pre-order a DL only version is not really necessary. The drawback of not having it is minimal for both parties involved (customers & BFC). The advantage of having it would also be minimal for both. It is up BFC to decide if letting people pre-order a DL version is worth the effort.

Well let me put it this way.I'm unemployed at the moment but i had put money aside for MG.Now i've noticed another WW2 main game that was cheap and there's a wad of cheap DLC campaigns.So i was tempted and now hooked.Now it will be a while before i can buy MG.Now if i'd have had that DL choice..............................catch my drift.

Yes i'm only one customer sure enough but how does that saying go-"For the want of a nail,the Kingdom was lost"

A screenshot would be most welcome, Kensai, even an unfinished one.

Still a bit basic. There is still a fair amount of map work to do - the whole place is a bit neat at the moment given that it has already been fought over, during the last stages of Epsom. But...looking along Chemin Hausse, towards the summit of Hill 112, the Orchard to the left and the paddock and the Small Wood to the right. Interestingly the paddock in 1944 is now a dense piece of wood.

ScreenShot2013-09-28at004409_zps329b9f06.png

Looking the other way down the hill towards the start line of 5/DCLI's advance, from the Orchard. The hedge line mid picture and on the right hand side, beyond the near hedge line is part of the Small Orchard which lay on the British side of Hill 112. It does not now exist.

ScreenShot2013-09-28at004544_zps5e2745b2.png

Heyhello, sorry to hear that, I hope the hospital trip turns out ok.

Aragorn, the scenario I am proposing to put together is 5/DCLI's attack on Hill112 on the evening of 10 July, rather than Epsom so Dalglish's book might not be relevant. I have been referencing from Tim Saunders' Hill 112, but I'll see if I can find How's book too

I hope it comes out before Monday because I am going to the hospital for a possible brain tumor and i'd like to play it before I die. This is a serious post. Sorry i'm super depressed right now and I know this seems random.

Good luck with that and I wish you a successful operation and a speedy recovery. Who knows, you might end up smarter!

:)

Michael

I hope it comes out before Monday because I am going to the hospital for a possible brain tumor and i'd like to play it before I die. This is a serious post. Sorry i'm super depressed right now and I know this seems random.

Bummer news. I wish you luck. My daughter is running in a fund raiser for brain cancer research to tomorrow. We will be thinking of may people how we have lost and some still fighting. We will add you to the list.