CMBN:MG release timeframe?

BDW

I would say we will get our first big hint in 2-4 weeks. We did get the video and that is always a good sign.

It usually is 2-3 months after a big webpage splash with units and added capabilities and scenarios that we get it in our hands. Since GL was about 2 months ago, I would say that MG should be released in 2 months if we are really to get our next big thing before xmas (and I am assuming that BF wants to space them out and not release 4 things in 2 weeks).

One thing I would like to see is a pack. They have been mentioned and talked about but nothing concrete.

1. One idea for a pack would be for all the hi-res work that Aris/Juju and all the other great modders do on CMs behalf. An official pack of all the hi-res skins and mods, buildings, the UI and coloured icons/patches/uniforms that have been added. This does not affect the game so if you bought it, it would not prohibit you from playing against someone that did not buy it. (Like what happens if you have Commonwealth and the other player does not. You cannot play against each other with commonwealth units)

Does anyone have any idea if packs are still actively in BFs future?

They are as far as I know. I assume the first one may come for CMBN to 'close it out', but I have no idea when it may be released. I'm not sure if another full-fledged module will come out for CMBN, but I don't think so at this point.

The packs would contain addition vehicles and possibly building textures, etc. I don't think off-hand there there will be any new formations, but I could be wrong. I'm under the impression that they will NOT include any scenarios or campaigns. They will require an executable file and of course data files.

I don't know if third party mods would be included in such 'packs'. There is the possibility that some sort of compensation for the mod artists may come into the picture and I don't know how well that works with Steve's idea on 'packs' in the past.

One thing I would like to see is a pack. They have been mentioned and talked about but nothing concrete.

1. One idea for a pack would be for all the hi-res work that Aris/Juju and all the other great modders do on CMs behalf.

Over at the FGM community we had a few requests for a 'pack' of popular mods for CMBN so I made them from my Z folder. Nothing is touched mod wise and full credit to the authors as always. This just saves people dloading 100's of individual files.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/mods-aris-and-other-popular-mods-combined-into-easy-to-download-packs.17477/

Over at the FGM community we had a few requests for a 'pack' of popular mods for CMBN so I made them from my Z folder. Nothing is touched mod wise and full credit to the authors as always. This just saves people dloading 100's of individual files.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/mods-aris-and-other-popular-mods-combined-into-easy-to-download-packs.17477/

Great pack, thanks for that. A real timesaver and looks superb.