Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Everybody’s a critic

Let me start off with the new CMFI-GL is great! All the new additions in troops and equipment are wonderful. There are a few issues I have noticed during battle I would love to see corrected.

Fallschirmjagergewehr 42 - as you know was designed to be a semi-auto rifle/ light machine gun. The FG42 depicted in the game seems to be the pre-production model. It is great when we are lucky enough to get one in a squad or scout team. It’s my understanding through research when a battalion received some of these new rifles for battle testing the amount would be 10-20 units. The game gives a battalion 2-3 rifles which is considerably less. The way they are distributed is puzzling as well because it replaces an MP40. FG42 replaced k98 rifles due to the high value placed on the MP38/40 used extensively by the Fallschirmjager. Because of the high use of machine pistols and the intermediate model FG42 being produced in October 1943 that were seen on the front lines in the beginning of 1944 the ‘44’ Fallschirmjager would have employed more MP40’s, more FG42’s than the 43 Fallschirmjager. The G43’s is a very cool addition to 44 Fallschirmjager as well.

Maschinenpisole 38/40 - Research indicates the Fallschirmjager had an MP38/40 ratio of 1 to 4 in the early war years and a 1 to 3 ratio in the later war years, a greater ratio than the Army or SS. That is why the ‘44’ Fallschirmjager rifle squads are light on the machine pistols as they should have more not less than the 43’s. I bitched about this before and nothing was done so I’ll bitch some more. Most solders still won’t pick-up machine pistols. The only solider that will pick-up an MP38/40 is a solider with a pistol but soldiers with a rifle won’t. Doesn’t this bother anyone else? The game gives British paras squads full of sten gun wielding soldiers! This seems ridiculous to me but I don’t know enough about the make-up of the British para units. The Fallschirmjager made the MP40 a main stream combat weapon and should have more machine pistols per squad than this game currently offers.

9mm – The 9mm ammo count is 312rds for a 1944 Fallschirmjager squad with two machine pistols! That means if the squad is split each weapon carrier gets roughly 130rds because team C always gets some 9mm as well. A fully equipped solider would have 224rds (that is 7 magazines). Why does the platoon leader carry more 9mm (per person) that is squads do? The 43 Fallschirmjager aren’t any better. They have a total of 576rds so upon splitting a squad we see; team A = 234rds, team B = 230rds, and team C = 112rds. As you know team A has two machine pistols so when these guys get a fire fight 117rds per man doesn’t last long and team C gets 112rds for one solider with a P38! Team C doesn’t need 112rds for a pistol!! Then I spit a different squad and got these numbers; team A = 256rds, team B = 272rds, and team C = 48rds. Why is team B receiving more ammo with one machine pistol! This is super vexing during play because you can’t always get these teams close enough to share ammo. Not only should distribution be corrected but the squads should have more 9mm ammo to begin with.

Fallschirmjager scout teams – I guess the there is a random FG42 generator for the scout teams due to the way one weapon pops up every once in a while. The issue here is twofold; 1st - Again the FG42 replacing a MP40 and 2nd - The 7.92mm ammo count is only 65rds!

Fix #1 – More FG42’s per squad in both the 43 and 44 Fallschirmjager

Fix #2 – More Mp38/40’s per squad in the 44 Fallschirmjager

Fix #3 – FG42 replacing only K98 rifles

Fix #4 – More 9mm ammo in the 43 and 44 Fallschirmjager squads.

Fix #5 – Correct the way the 9mm ammo is distributed when splitting the Fallschirmjager squads

Fix #6 – Correct the way the 7.62mm ammo count in the Fallschirmjager scout teams with an FG42

Fix #7 – Allow soldiers with rifles to pick-up and use machine pistols

I hope I didn’t come across as a critic because I truly appreciate the hard work you guys put in creating this game. My intent is to offer suggestions that will improve game playing enjoyment. Once again that’s for the fantastic game and I look forward to future improvements listed above.

It looks like maybe you wrote your post in Microsoft Word before pasting it into the typing area for posting threads. You should always preview your post before submitting it when doing it like that because you will often get those wierd font brackets which make your post hard to read. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does you have to go through and manually delete all the font crap out of your posts.

Other than that, welcome to the forum.

I did try and fix the weirdness, but I didn’t try manually deleting. Good to know for this time . . . The FG42 has been a favorite weapon of mine for years. So seeing it in the game is great! One of the best sources for the FG42 I came across recently. It’s a book by Osprey publishing titled ‘German automatic rifles 1941-45 by Chris McNab. It references the G41, G43, FG42, and StG43/44.

Let me start off with the new CMFI-GL is GREAT! All the new additions in troops and equipment are wonderful. There are a few issues I have noticed during battle I would love to see corrected.

Fallschirmjagergewehr 42 - as you know was designed to be a semi-auto rifle/ light machine gun. The FG42 depicted in the game seems to be the pre-production model. It is great when we are lucky enough to get one in a squad or scout team. It’s my understanding when a battalion received some of these new rifles for battle testing the amount would be 15-20 units. The game gives a battalion 2-3 rifles which is considerably less. The way they are distributed is puzzling as well because they replace an MP40. The FG42 replaced K98 rifles due to the high value placed on the MP40 used extensively by the Fallschirmjager (FJ). The intermediate model FG42 being produced in October 1943 making their way to the front lines in the beginning of 1944 consequently the 44 FJ would have employed more MP40’s and more FG42’s than the 43 FJ. The G43’s is a very cool addition to the 44 FJ as well.

Maschinenpisole 38/40 - Research indicates the Fallschirmjager had an MP38/40 ratio of 1 to 4 in the early war years and a 1 to 3 ratio in the later war years, a greater ratio than the Army or SS. That’s why the 44 FJ squads are light on the machine pistols as they should have more not less than the 43 FJ’s. I bitched about this before and nothing was done so I’ll bitch some more. Most solders still won’t pick-up machine pistols. The only solider that will pick-up a machine pistol is a solider with a pistol but soldiers with rifles won’t. Doesn’t this bother anyone else? The British paras squads full of sten gun wielding soldiers which seems ridiculous but I don’t know enough about the make-up of the British para units. The Fallschirmjager made the MP40 a main stream combat weapon and should have more machine pistols per squad from a historical perspective especially because the FJ disarmed the Italian’s and confiscated a large amount of Beretta machine pistols.

9mm – The 9mm ammo count is 312rds for a 1944 Fallschirmjager squad with two machine pistols! That means if the squad is split each weapon carrier gets roughly 130rds because team C always gets some 9mm as well. A fully equipped solider would have 224rds (that is 7 magazines). The platoon leader carries more 9mm (per person) that his squads do! The 43 FJ are only a little bit better. They have a total of 576rds so upon splitting a squad we see; team A = 234rds, team B = 230rds, and team C = 112rds. As you know team A has two machine pistols so when these guys get a fire fight 117rds per man doesn’t last long and team C gets 112rds for one solider with a P38! Team C doesn’t need 112rds for a pistol!! Then I spit a different squad and got these numbers; team A = 256rds, team B = 272rds, and team C = 48. Why is team B getting more ammo with one machine pistol! This is super vexing during play because you can’t always get these teams close enough to share ammo. Not only should distribution be corrected but the squads should have more 9mm ammo to begin with.

Fallschirmjager scout teams – I guess the there is a random FG42 generator for the scout teams due to the way one weapon pops up every once in a while. The issue here is twofold; 1st – The FG42 should replace the K98 not a machine pistol and 2nd - The 7.92mm ammo is only 65rds!

Fix #1 – More FG42’s per squad in both the 43 and 44 Fallschirmjager

Fix #2 – More machine pistols per squad in the 44 Fallschirmjager

Fix #3 – FG42 replacing only K98 rifles

Fix #4 – More 9mm ammo in the 43 and 44 Fallschirmjager squads.

Fix #5 – Correct the way the 9mm ammo is distributed when splitting the Fallschirmjager squads

Fix #6 – Correct the way the 7.62mm ammo count in the Fallschirmjager scout teams with an FG42

Fix #7 – Allow soldiers with rifles to pick-up and use machine pistols

I hope the feedback didn’t come across to critical because I truly appreciate the work that everyone puts in creating this game and I look forward to future improvements.

Maschinenpisole 38/40 - Research indicates the Fallschirmjager had an MP38/40 ratio of 1 to 4 in the early war years and a 1 to 3 ratio in the later war years, a greater ratio than the Army or SS. That’s why the 44 FJ squads are light on the machine pistols as they should have more not less than the 43 FJ’s. I bitched about this before and nothing was done so I’ll bitch some more.

Did I miss something here? According to your profile you have posted three times which means the "before" you are talking about is literately yesterday. Unless, as I say, I am missing something.

Lust to set your expectations if BFC decide what you are asking for is the right way to go, the earliest you can hope to see a change is the next patch and it might be longer than that. Not long ago they had a defect that broke PBEM quick battles and the fix was just in the next patch. I cannot imagine that amo and weapon distribution would rate a super fast turn around hot fix if that did not. Plus, you may or may not get an indication that they agree with what you are asking at all.

As ian.leslie pointed out, welcome, and recognize that BFC does listen. They may not agree, but they do listen. They, usually, do not give any indication of a fix. However, their goal is to have great, realistic, games. If something is clearly wrong, and it is fixable in the game, they'll do what they can to get it in a patch.

As ian.leslie pointed out, welcome, and recognize that BFC does listen. They may not agree, but they do listen. They, usually, do not give any indication of a fix.

I recall from my childhood Sunday school classes that this is how prayer supposedly works. Coincidence?

No you didn’t miss anything. I have posted twice before under a different name but I misplaced my hand written passwords. I found this out after I had to reboot my computer. I had battlefront send me a new password to my msn account which I also could no longer access. Msn has a number of hoops to jump through to verify my identification. I quickly got tired of their verification games. So I may never go back to that old address. My primary address was with Gmail anyway so I’m back! :)