Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The CM:SF II Family of Games

Moon has told us the setting for CM:SF II is a conflict between modern day Russia and NATO in the Ukraine. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on what the entire Family -Base game and modules- might consist of, and in what order you'd like to see the various forces appear.

Here is my list of the Main contenders:

Russian Army

US Army

Ukranian Army

Russian Airborne forces

Ukranian Airborne forces

US Marines

Polish Army

German Army

British Army

My GUESS for the initial game is the US, Russian, and Ukrainian Armies with Russian and Ukrainian Airborne forces appearing in a later module (US Airborne/Light infantry, already having been done for CMSF can appear in the initial game).

I'm guessing, and really HOPING that there will also be at least one faction of irregulars or militia, like in CMSF 1. If not initially included this would be an excellent choice for a themed pack.

I'm not sure what NATO countries other than the U.S. would likely be involved but the Polish and Germans sound plausible. I guess it would depend on the back story.

Assuming the game takes place in Ukraine, the Ukrainian army would definitely have to be included in the initial release, along with the Russians (presumably the aggressors here) and the U.S. (army) coming to intervene. While I like lots and lots of content, I'm going to assume that these three 'factions' will be the only ones in the initial release due to the very vast amount of equipment used by these actors that has to be modeled. I hope for lots of upgrades, modules and packs for this title!

Of course I am only speculating here.

I'm not sure what NATO countries other than the U.S. would likely be involved but the Polish and Germans sound plausible. I guess it would depend on the back story.

The recent histroy has shown that where ever american boots go, british arent far.

Moon has told us the setting for CM:SF II is a conflict between modern day Russia and NATO in the Ukraine. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on what the entire Family -Base game and modules- might consist of, and in what order you'd like to see the various forces appear.

Here is my list of the Main contenders:

Russian Army

US Army

Ukranian Army

Russian Airborne forces

Ukranian Airborne forces

US Marines

Polish Army

German Army

British Army

My GUESS for the initial game is the US, Russian, and Ukrainian Armies with Russian and Ukrainian Airborne forces appearing in a later module (US Airborne/Light infantry, already having been done for CMSF can appear in the initial game).

Good question Sequoia.

I would like to see all of the Main contenders.

Order -

US Army

US Marines

Russian Army

Russian Airborne forces

Ukranian Army

Ukranian Airborne forces

British Army

German Army

Polish Army

I'd put British forces over US Marines in this theater.

Do you mean in the likelyhood of their apperance or in your desire to have them in the game? I would hazard at least one USMC brigade being deployed in such a scenario (which, admitedly, is an unlikely war).

One interesting development is the U.S. just recently pulled the last of its MBTs out of Europe after 70(?) years. That will have an effect on the backstory, necessitating time necessary for a build up of forces. Unless U.S. is armorless for the first two weeks of the conflict! Wow, the story suddenly gets interesting! :D

One interesting development is the U.S. just recently pulled the last of its MBTs out of Europe after 70(?) years. That will have an effect on the backstory, necessitating time necessary for a build up of forces. Unless U.S. is armorless for the first two weeks of the conflict! Wow, the story suddenly gets interesting! :D

Also I would imagine that with the Russians having an actual navy and airforce to hinder logistics, the U.S. build up of ground forces wouldn't exactly be as smooth and fast as in Iraq or Afghanistan.