red circles for mortars status

I checked my manual and nothing jumped out at me.

So, my little circles for my mortars are all red in the asset window.

I have 2 mortars off-map but there are like 5 or 6 circles and now after usage for several turns they are all red. I can't have them stop yet.

What can happen? A cook-off wipes out my mortars?

They just stop firing while some guy pisses on them like in "we were soldiers.."?

I think you're looking at the Overheating indicators - when they're all red, you've been firing continuously and the barrels have reached their max heat - you'll have to wait for them to cool down.

At least, that's what I think based on your description.

I can't find mention of it in the CMFI pdf manual, but it's on page 103 of the CMBN manual (paper) or 65 (version 2.0 pdf )

Overheating - green/red dots indicate how hot the artillery barrels are getting.

When all dots go red, the battery has to hold down its rate of fire to no greater

than its “sustainable” ROF. Otherwise it is free to use “maximum” ROF (if the

mission wants it).

OK, found it..I have like how many spiral manuals hardcopy and several pdf's on my desjtop, sheesh...

"Overheating - green/red dots indicate how hot the artillery barrels are getting.

When all dots go red, the battery has to hold down its rate of fire to no

greater than its "sustainable" ROF. Otherwise it is free to use "maximum"

ROF (if the mission wants it)."

so, I say fire away, sometimes slower rate of fire is better anyway...

Hmmm, you live in the States - don't you already have the weakest possible beer ???

We have all kinds of beers. During the last 25-30 years microbreweries have flourished and you can probably find something for any palate. New brews come out so fast that to completely canvas them you'd have to travel all over the county and drink about a gallon a day. Now who would want to have to do all that?

;)

Michael

We have all kinds of beers. During the last 25-30 years microbreweries have flourished and you can probably find something for any palate. New brews come out so fast that to completely canvas them you'd have to travel all over the county and drink about a gallon a day. Now who would want to have to do all that?

All very true, but "all kinds" does include some pretty insipid stuff. Apparently, that's because only mass market operators could afford to set up shop again after the Prohibition era ended, leaving "artisan" beer to languish til the seventies. Second strongest* beer I've ever drunk was an 18% from the Dogfish Head brewery (Chicago-based, IIRC?) - lush, it was. And taxed like a fortified wine...

* The strongest was a 19.5%er and, unsurprisingly, I've completely forgotten where it came from, apart from "the British Isles somewhere"...

Hehe, it was a good dig ;)

I was surprised that Mr Emrys came out with a defence of US beers saying "we" - since all this time I thought he was an Aussie ( thought the WA = Western Australia ). Ho ho ho.

Obviously I like the Scottish Ales, Caledonian 80Shilling is probably my favourite "mainstream" beer, but I have a soft spot for dark ales and the Orkney brewery does some beauties.

And then there's Belgian beer to which I've been addicted for decades...

Here in the USA (may vary from state to state, I'm not sure, but this is true for Tennessee) most beer that you buy in the grocery stores/gas stations/convenience stores is around 3 to 5% alcohol. All that is needed to sell it is a "beer license", which are fairly easy to get, judging from the number of stores that sell beer (pretty much every grocery store and gas station that I know of).

There is beer that is much higher in alcohol, approaching or exceeding the alcohol content of wine, but you have to buy it in package stores here in TN. Not sure about other states that allow grocery stores to sell wine. There have been several attempts in TN to pass laws that would allow grocery stores to sell wine, but they are always strongly opposed by the "liquor lobby" (owners of package stores), for the obvious reason that wine sales make up a large percentage (40% is the number I recall) of their sales.

If we're going to derail a thread, at least let's make it about something interesting, like alcohol. ;-)

;)

Michael

Changing the rules on beer brewing was the only good thing coming out of the Carter administration. Brother Thelonious Belgian style ale among my favorites. 9.4%