Aris HD terrain textures?

• 1 month later...

Italy terrain expands exponentially with the module. Older art will work but I doubt whatever mods you have currently will cover dedicated 'cold weather' terrain, 'springtime' terrain or especially the 'snow' terrains. The Gustav Line module terrain folder alone is nearly 500 megs big.

Hi Aris,

Would you ever be interested some day in modding one of the rock textures to make it a whiter limestone look?

We have everything in GL now to make scenarios on Crete, but I think the existing rocks in the game look a bit too gray for the Aegean. By mixing in, say, tiles of a whiter limestone with other rock textures, it would be possible to lighten the rocky hills a bit more.

I've been to Crete but it was a long time ago. Would those with a more intimate knowledge of the island agree with this? Or do you think GL terrain is exactly fine as-is for Crete?

(The prickly pear cactus mod we already have would be appropriate here and there in Crete too. Lack of flat-roofed buildings for those whitewashed villages is a drawback, but settled areas can be rubbled to get around it. We've got vineyards, Kiwi & Maori, FJ troops, so we're nearly there.)

Interesting idea Broadsword, but, I am afraid I am overloaded at the moment, so many updates, new terrain textures, new vehicle mods, new effects and horizon textures...well, just PM this post to me sometime next month,...so that I can take it to my 2Do list.

Slightly disappointed that tanks manage to stay on top of snowy ground. Though I imagine the work needed would be huge..it's just after playing GTOS and watching the vehicles plow through the snow which has different depths depending on the contours and how thick the snow is (it gets thicker when the ground drops low and thinner as it gets higher).. so you can see the tracks sink then rise etc etc.