Battlefront Campaign pack

I know where you can get them for free.

Many user-made scenarios and campaigns are excellent. With all due respect, they're sometimes better than the originals, as they're made after people have had more time to understand the engine. In any case, Battlefront isn't holding back some reservoir of campaign-making talent--the people who would be making any DLC campaign pack are the same people doing it now for love of the game.

(Here's to them!)

I am not sure I understand this thread at all. You all have some idea of who makes the Campaigns that come in EVERY module and game. They chat enough on the forum. Are you asking them to do still more work for you? (that they don't get paid for)

BF has included a scenario creator that enables every one of us to participate and add to the community material. Get crackin.

Thanks Martyr, I know about the repository, but no one has made a campaign since CMBN came out. My thanks to everyone who has!:)

I'm not sure what you mean here. CMBN came with four campaigns (two of them basically training), and The Commonwealth Module added a couple more. But I have a dozen extra campaigns in my game folder, all of them available at the Repository.

The OP isn't saying that he wants something for free. He is merely saying that he is willing to pay for someone to make some good campaign content. Not everyone has the time or the talent to create good content. Campaigns in particular require more time and effort to make them enjoyable.

The EULA prohibits anyone from selling the content that they create with the BF tools. If BF would license some of the better scenario/Campaign designers and be willing to produce their completed content, I think players would defiantly buy a scenario/campaign pack if it were priced right.

Of course the biggest issue with doing something like this would be copyrighting and preventing thieves from stealing content that they didn't pay for ...

I'm not sure what you mean here. CMBN came with four campaigns (two of them basically training), and The Commonwealth Module added a couple more. But I have a dozen extra campaigns in my game folder, all of them available at the Repository.

Aside from the camps created by FMB, I think I have "The outlaws" as well, I don't know of many others.

Please list the campaigns your talking about ... maybe I missed them or the repository is just not very easy to find stuff like that.

The OP isn't saying that he wants something for free. He is merely saying that he is willing to pay for someone to make some good campaign content. Not everyone has the time or the talent to create good content. Campaigns in particular require more time and effort to make them enjoyable.

The EULA prohibits anyone from selling the content that they create with the BF tools. If BF would license some of the better scenario/Campaign designers and be willing to produce their completed content, I think players would defiantly buy a scenario/campaign pack if it were priced right.

Of course the biggest issue with doing something like this would be copyrighting and preventing thieves from stealing content that they didn't pay for ...

Thanks Rocky, that is exactly what I'm saying.

As far as I can tell, there are four campaigns (all good) in the repository:Devils Descent, Outlaws, A bloody Ride and Die letzte Hoffnung. All of these came out soon after release and I haven't seen a new one yet,commonwealth or Italy. I'm not trying to demand anything, I'm just wondering why it stopped. Or am I missing something?

Aside from the camps created by FMB, I think I have "The outlaws" as well, I don't know of many others.

Please list the campaigns your talking about ... maybe I missed them or the repository is just not very easy to find stuff like that.

In my CMBN Campaigns folder I have:

A Bloody Ride

Assault on Lucherberg

Benouille_Bridge

Blue and Gray

Bridge Too Close

Courage and Fortitude

Devil's Descent

Devon - Basic Training

Die Letze Hoffnung

Kampfgruppe Engel

Operation_Deadstick

Panzer Marsch

Saving Private Ryan

Sie Kommen II

Task Force Raff

The outlaws

The Road to Montebourg

The Scottish Corridor

The real problem with finding CM material is the Repository's lack of categories and sorting. You can't just do a search for campaigns, for instance.

As far as I can tell, there are four campaigns (all good) in the repository:Devils Descent, Outlaws, A bloody Ride and Die letzte Hoffnung. All of these came out soon after release and I haven't seen a new one yet,commonwealth or Italy. I'm not trying to demand anything, I'm just wondering why it stopped. Or am I missing something?

Here are date referencs to six (6) of those in the Battlefront Repository.

- 415th Infantry Regiment assaults Lucherberg, Germany (2011-08-22)

- Blue and Gray 29th Infantry Division (2012-05-28)

- Campaign: A Bloody Ride (2011-12-18)

- Kampfgruppe Engel - No barbed wire (2012-04-23)

- Saving Private Ryan (2012-02-17)

- The Road to Montebourg (Revised) (2012-05-27)

In my CMBN Campaigns folder I have:

A Bloody Ride

Assault on Lucherberg

Benouille_Bridge

Blue and Gray

Bridge Too Close

Courage and Fortitude

Devil's Descent

Devon - Basic Training

Die Letze Hoffnung

Kampfgruppe Engel

Operation_Deadstick

Panzer Marsch

Saving Private Ryan

Sie Kommen II

Task Force Raff

The outlaws

The Road to Montebourg

The Scottish Corridor

The real problem with finding CM material is the Repository's lack of categories and sorting. You can't just do a search for campaigns, for instance.

Can you zip it in one file and share with us?

Some months ago, I have written an e-mail to battlefront and offered them the idea of some kind of "professional" scenario-/campaign designers (including myself :) ) but I didn´t even get an answer. Probably, they thought I would be crazy ;)

For making a campaign, you need time..., very much time, dozens of hours. And most of us do not have enough time because of their real life (and because of their wifes :) ).

Regards

Frank

I am currently editing the complete TO&E file of the operational game Panzer Campaigns Normandy 44 to match the TO&E of CMBN, which means anyone owning both games can use the PzC N44 scenario editor to create PzC N44 scenarios that can be used as the operational layer to CMBN games, which then canc be played as H2H PBEM's with another player with both games, or against the AI, and, because the PzC OOB file can be edited without screwing up a saved game, it will be possible to transfer the combat effects from CMBN to PzC N44 at any point in the game.

Once i finish editing the PzC TO&E, i will be releasing it to the repository, along with a PzC N44 demo, and scenario of the Caen theatre (i was given permission by John Tiller) covering a 48 hour period from 08:00 hours June 7th, i will also be adding 2 x 2 km maps from Rocko's Caen mega map to represent some of the PzC N44 VPL's, i.e. Buron and Authie, and other similar sized CM maps to represent Bretteville and Norey, and some tables showing how combat effects, deployment, and engineering can be applied.

p.s. If you want another suggestion for a CM map Rocko, how about Bretteville / Norey :)

Can you zip it in one file and share with us?

Zipping them all comes to more than 200MB, which I can't post here. But every one of these campaigns is searchable in the Repository by keywords from the title.

Note that there are two typos in my list. (Sorry, I was in a rush.)

--Substitute "Benouville" for "Benouille."

--Substitute "Letzte" for "Letze."

The search link in the repository appears not at the top of the screen (where you might expect it) but at the bottom of the list of files currently displayed.

I would like a campaign pack. I also get most fun out of CMx2 games when i play campaigns, however there are still many CMFI/CMBN/CMSF campaigns at the repository i havent had the time to try yet.

BTW thanks to everyone who is creating campaigns. I tried it myself last month but decided to stick with finishing the scenario i started to make. Way more work involved than i thought, especially playtesting and refining scenarios seems to eat up a LOT of time.