what is the reward?

that would be nice. I was wondering though if the 'reward' mentioned may be earned for individual missions, or is meant for the entire campaign.

It would be awesome if it meant your troops were moved up in experience, or you got some extra ammo etc.

I don't think the conditional branching is quite up to that. I'm pretty sure it can't branch based on anything except levels of victory, rather than achieving specific VCs out of a multiple, so if the only VC is the casualties one (or at least the only one that really matters), then there's potential for you to get a reward. However, I don't think the "core units" can change in any way other than getting reinforcements and/or resupply. The designer could, I guess, create a duplicate set of "core units" with all details the same except experience, and assign the "improved" lot to later scenarios, or make scenarios following good wins (where you probably kept your casualties low) have more "non-core" detachments involved.

In a lot of ways, low casualties-received is its own reward; it means you'll have a more intact force next time, if the replacements don't come through. And of course, if the next battle is going to be a challenge, and you've got "something extra", the enemy will need something extra to balance it out :) The dilemma of campaign design: do you build it with fixed difficulty, and let the fortunes of war and attrition determine whether the player can reach the end, or do you tailor the story to the experience, offering progressively more difficult missions to successful commanders, and easier ones to those who're already struggling, so each has a meaningful challenge each step of the way to some sort of climax scenario?

It would be awesome if it meant your troops were moved up in experience, or you got some extra ammo etc.

I agree it would be nice if there were (the option of having) some sort of "reward" for succes in a campaign mission.

Gaining experience has previously been discussed ad nauseam and is not likely to occur. Read here: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=94574&highlight=experience+reward&page=2

Extra ammo would also be nice, but I think BFC would probably reject that too.

Personally, I think it would be nice if you could have the option to choose with/without "rewards" when beginning a campaign. That way the rewards wouldn´t be forced upon the purists.

Anyway, I would really like some sort of statistics screen when a campaign ends - instead of just.....nothing.

Dang, I thought I was going to be 'clever' and find that answer for you but I don't have access to the unpacked campaign files that I thought I had. Anyway, in most instances if you're told to keep your casualites below a % that mean either the enemy will get a big rewards bonus for inflicting casualties above a certain threshold or you get a bonus for keeping your own casualties low. If you don't see any big rewards numbers for yourself then it might be an enemy bonus points thing.

In road to montebourg, what is the reward if you keep your losses below 10%?

This is the Friendly Casualty parameter and you get a bonus number of VPs for completing the mission with low casualties. The AI side often gets VPs for every casualty inflicted on your force which can make it difficult for the player to get high level victories. The 'less than 10%' reward offsets the casualty points the AI side earned and so makes big wins more likely for the experienced player.

Losing missions can lead to a drop in unit morale in both 'Montebourg' and 'The Scottish Corridor' campaigns ;). And in the latter, wins in certain missions will up the difficulty for you. I also crafted a short (for me anyway) campaign for CMSF, 'USMC Gung Ho!' where the player was rewarded with extra kit if he won certain missions.