Defensive works mod

umlaut

These mods are made in an attempt to make the defensive works less obvious and spottable in game. I have often thought that trenches and foxholes looked too unrealistic and were way too easy to spot.

One could probably argue that camouflage net was not often used to hide sandbags and trenches. But this was the only reasonably realistic way to conceal the defenses I could think of. You can of course still find the defenses if you look for them - but these mods should make it a bit harder.

These mods are based on Aris´ great terrain mods and are as such probably best used in conjuntion with these.

If you have other terrain mods in your z-folder you should probably place these files in a folder named "zz"

Uploaded to Greesasjades site: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4855/details

Enjoy

defencereklametrench2.jpg

defencereklamesandbags.jpg

defencereklamefox.jpg

I've installed them and taken a look at them, Umlaut. It really is a big improvement. Trenches and foxholes now blend in more and it looks so much more realistic than the old ones. A must have mod.

I agree with Aragorn. They no longer stand out like a sore thumb! Good work mate.

That camoflague you did there is indeed great, umlaut! Is it supposed to be used with the base games colours or does it fit into Aris terrain mod as well? Sorry, cant tell from the screenshots right now, i have been playing Shock Force in the past weeks.

Edit: i should have read your first post and not just be looking at the nice pictures :D. It actually litterally says there what i was asking for.

Thanks for making these.

@frigo:

I don´t think it is possible to mod the bunker, because as far as I can tell there is no bunker file to edit. I think the game is simply builds the bunker by making a cube out of logs (If someone knows differently, please let me know).

And there is no way I can think of that would make a convincing looking camouflaged bunker when the game - as far as I can tell - uses the same log texture for all the logs in the bunker.