CMSF Conquers another WW2 Fan

kump

WW2 is where it is at. CM has no business going anywhere else. WW2 wins hands down…

Okay, maybe not. This CMSF is not so bad. Okay, this CMSF is really good. Okay, this CMSF rocks! Alright, CM is not all about WW2, it does other era weapon systems very well, and it is just as exciting to play.

Now I’ve done all the CMSF scenarios, back to WW2. Oh, wait, I think I better do Marines module scenarios, maybe British Forces and NATO too. Oh, I can’t wait for CM Afghanistan!

Bottom line, regardless of era, CMx2 game system is a dream coming true as the original CMx1 was. I find challenge in learning how to use all the different weapons systems, regardless of era, or nationality, or whatever. CM just does it really well.

Of course, starting at version 1.32 doesn’t hurt, but I’ve been missing out. And so much more to come, in both modern and WW2, I couldn’t be happier.

So a new fan for the modern era CM, there is more here than I ever expected. I’ll silence the CM WW2 only nonsense now.

Please forgive.

I loaded up CMSF and all modules to see how it would run,i'm having some minor issues with the WW2 titles.Before i knew it i had downloaded all the old mods from the repository and got stuck into it.Truly an epic game.Okay you have to work for a result in CMBN and FI whereas sometimes CMSF is a walk in the park.The firepower you have at your exposal in this game is just awesome and as a result the game is just so much fun.

Not saying the WW2 titles aren't fun,they are excellent.Just with CMSF once your guys begin to roll.They really do Rock'n'Roll.

Oh yeah sneaky ATGMs hiding everywhere eh,eh,eh?WELL EAT THIS!

Pure class :D

Agree CMSF Mac with all the modules is fun, fun, fun. Modern weapons systems can "neutralize the target" in short order. Play CMSF RT and watch how quickly things go boom! (CMSF2 is going to be a must have game for sure.) I enjoy CMFI/BN/CW. It plays and looks great. New features make the game more fun and user friendly. Owning the entire family of CM games makes for the kind of play experience you want when you want it and on a Mac now saves time and hassles of bootcamp.

Thanks.

More fun? I won't go that far for me personally. What I was surprised about was having just as much fun with modern vs WW2 era, which is what pulled me to CMx1 in the first place. I was kind of stuck on the WW2 only ticket, regardless what BFC said, offered, or promoted.

Once I allowed myself to "try it out" for an extended ride, I now know better. I think I would love whatever era CM was used for. The attention to detail, the scale, the WEGO with tactical AI play style, and the obvious dedication put into each title made me realize I would be cheating myself by being too selective.

Yes! 'sfun.

I bought CMSF for Windows not long after it came out and played it for a while in Bootcamp, but eventually stopped playing not so much because I didn't like the game but rather because I was getting sick of re-booting into Windows every time I wanted to play. I rarely have uninterrupted blocks of gaming time, and re-boot time really matters when you're sneaking 20 minutes of play time here and there.

But now, I'm really enjoying "rediscovering" CMSF. And I really enjoy having both CMSF the WWII games available on OSX. Each is a very nice break from the other. It requires a very different tactical "head" to play CMSF well compared to CMBN/CMFI. The weapons available on the modern battlefield are a good factor of magnitude more deadly, and this changes tactics considerably.

My only complaint is that buying CMSF for OSX did not come with additional gaming time to play both CMSF and the WWII games... my gaming time is very divided now!

CMSF's initial marketing problem was that the WWII fanatics craved their WWII fix like a junkie needs his H. CMSF's advantage now is the WWII enthusiasts have all been (briefly) satiated and are now starting to say "Okay, what else yah got for me?" :)

I think CM 'at its best' is CMSF British module. Of course everyone would put down ther own 'at its best' marker in a different position. Some think that honor goes to CM:Afghanistan!

YankeeDog

"I rarely have uninterrupted blocks of gaming time, and re-boot time really matters when you're sneaking 20 minutes of play time here and there."

How true. My situation as well.

MikeyD

"I think CM 'at its best' is CMSF British module. Of course everyone would put down ther own 'at its best' marker in a different position. Some think that honor goes to CM:Afghanistan!"

Per Steve 2013 schedule.... CMSF 2 (introduces v3.0)

If an Afghanistan CMSF 2 module was ... something nice... it would be really nice.

LOL...welcome to the club. It is indeed a fun game. It will stay on my hard drive for some time to come. I find myself playing both CMSF and the WW2 modules. It never tires me.

When i get tired of WW2, i play shock force. When i get tired of Syria, i play Normandy or Fortress Italy. All the campaigns and scenarios of all CMx2 games combined are probably enough to keep even the most excessive gamer busy for years.