Single player , turn based or real time?

"I consider WEGO a little bit unrealistic."

If you can play a scenario without pausing I can understand that POV. But, as soon as you pause in RT, I would say you're MORE unrealistic than WEGO cos you can instantaneously change the orders of ALL your units every second if you want. That's about as unrealistic as it is possible to get.

At least with WEGO one has to have the discipline and planning skills to create orders that should be ok for 60 seconds. And that is more like a RL commander who have to issue orders that must work for several minutes or even hours.

In addition, for those of us who enjoy large scenarios (battalion+ KG's on each side), it's practically impossible to exercise useful control in RT.

I really wish WEGoers and RTers would stop taking pops at each other over which playstyle is more realistic. Neither is more realistic. While RT is more open to abuse, experienced RT players don't hit the pause button very often. So please stop suggesting that we do this.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree PT. I said if one doesn't use PAUSE I can see that RT play may be more realistic - but perhaps verging on the impossible if you have a large (Battalion+ per side) scenario.

Personally I play for fun and don't need the stress. The challenge of issuing orders that have to be good for at least 60 seconds is also a form of realism - except in RL, those orders need to be good for a lot longer - unless you are only at Platoon level. And many of us like having a Battalion or more to command. (This is a reason why CM1 is still way more fun and playable when one has a large scenario.)

And BTW am still struggling on mission 13 (I think) of DINAS where the air support is massacring my guys before they get to the bridge and hotel objectives!! Am being forced to (unrealistically) CF and look at enemy dispositions and restart just to get through the ^%$^^ scenario so I can get to the next scenario in the campaign. Overall a great Red on Red campaign you made, but this scenario is a bastid!!

I don't believe RT is any more realistic as wego. When the day comes you can leave the tac ai to do what you would door a trained leader when not looking at the particular unit is the day you can say RT is more realistic. WEGO lets you see and check each unit across the battlefield and check to see what it is doing and if it needs your help..also what a trained platoon leader can think of doing on the fly I need abit more thinking time which again WEGO can give you. Both modes have their pros and cons when it comes to realism..neither comes out on top.

90% WEGO. IF RT had a recorder so I could watch the action again I'd be more inclined... So, ah, when we getting that full battle recorder we been asking for since 2000? Huh? Huh? Come on, I mean how hard could it be???

:P

-F

ps - need a dead horse emoticon ;)

90% WEGO. IF RT had a recorder so I could watch the action again I'd be more inclined... So, ah, when we getting that full battle recorder we been asking for since 2000? Huh? Huh? Come on, I mean how hard could it be???

Check out this for CM multi-multiplayer. The replay I mention here is modeled after what was in "Sudden Strike" which allowed what you want. It was very cool being able to record the multiplayer battle and watch it later to see yourself, but also how your team mates played.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=109832

How hard it is to implement in CM vs Sudden Strike, and how much memory it would take is another story. CM is a much more complicated game than SS was. It is easy to imagine having, but the technicalities, time, $ are only things the developers know.